- SPECIES: Rabbit
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Glu 25 - Gly 608
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This protein carries a polyhistidine tag at the C-terminus. The protein has a calculated MW of 67.9 kDa. The protein migrates as 60-70 kDa under reducing (R) condition (SDS-PAGE).
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 67.9 kDa
- PURITY: >95% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: PBS, pH7.4
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ALB
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Serum albumin,ALB,Alb
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001075813.1
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 100009195
- serum albumin (SA) is also known as ALB, which is the main protein of plasma and has a good binding capacity for water,Ca2+,Na+,K+,fatty acids,hormones, bilirubin and drugs.The main function of SA is the regulation of the colloidal osmotic pressure of blood. As Major zinc transporter in plasma, SA typically binds about 80% of all plasma zinc. A variant structure of albumin could lead to increased binding of zinc resulting in an asymptomatic augmentation of zinc concentration in the blood. Defects in serum albumin can cause familial dysalbuminemic hyperthyroxinemia which is a form of euthyroid hyperthyroxinemia that is due to increased affinity of serum albumin for T4. It is the most common cause of inherited euthyroid hyperthyroxinemia in Caucasian population.
- 1: Carter D.C., et al., 1989, Science 244:1195-1198.
- 2: Minchiotti L., et al., Eur. 2001, J. Biochem. 268:344-352.
- 3: Minchiotti L., et al., 1992, Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1119:232-238.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 11-246
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $365.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin