- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Gln 20 - Pro 418
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 45.2 kDa
- PURITY: >95% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: PBS, pH7.4
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SERPINF1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SERPINF1, Serpin F1, PEDF, PIG35, EPC-1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_002606
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 5176
- erpin F1 (SERPINF1) is also known as Pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF), Cell proliferation-inducing gene 35 protein (PIG35). Serpin F1 belongs to the serpin family. Serpin F1 is expressed in quiescent cells. PEDF has a variety of functions including antiangiogenic, antitumorigenic, and neurotrophic properties. Endothelial cell migration is inhibited by SERPINF1/ PEDF. PEDF / SERPINF1 suppresses retinal neovascularization and endothelial cell proliferation. PEDF is also responsible for apoptosis of endothelial cells either through the p38 MAPK pathway or through the FAS/FASL pathway. PEDF also displays neurotrophic functions.
- 1: Duh EJ., et al., 2002, Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 43 (3): 821–9.
- 2: Amaral J., et al., 2010, Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51 (3): 1318–26.
- 3: Chen L., et al., 2006, Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 348 (4): 1288–95.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 96-679
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $470.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.