- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: Human Cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Ala21-Ala415
- FUSION TAG: C-6 His tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for biological assays. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 45.14 kD
- PURITY: Greater than 95% as determined by reducing SDS-PAGE.
Endotoxin level less than 0.1 ng/ug (1 IEU/ug) as determined by LAL test.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Lyophilized from a 0.2 um filtered solution of 20mM PB, 150mM NaCl, 5% Threhalose, pH 7.2. It is not recommended to reconstitute to a concentration less than 100 ug/ml. Dissolve the lyophilized protein in ddH2O.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized protein should be stored at -20°C, though stable at room temperature for 3 weeks.
Reconstituted protein solution can be stored at 4-7°C for 2-7 days.
Aliquots of reconstituted samples are stable at -20°C for 3 months.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SERPINA7
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Thyroxine-Binding Globulin, Serpin A7, T4-Binding Globulin, SERPINA7, TBG
- Protein Accession Number: P05543
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 6906
- Serpin A7 is a secreted protein which belongs to the Serpin family. As a 54 kDa protein, Serpin A7 is synthesized primarily in the liver and secreted in plasma. Genomically, Serpin A7 is a serpin, although it has no inhibitory function like many other members of this class of proteins. Serpin A7 binds thyroid hormone in circulation. It is one of three proteins (along with transthyretin and albumin) responsible for carrying the thyroid hormones thyroxine (T4) and 3,5,3’-triiodothyronine (T3) in the bloodstream. Of these three proteins, Serpin A7 has the highest affinity for T4 and T3, but is present in the lowest concentration. Despite its low concentration, Serpin A7 carries the majority of T4 in serum. Due to the very low serum concentration of T4 and T3 in the blood, Serpin A7 is rarely more than 25% saturated with its ligand. Unlike transthyretin and albumin, Serpin A7 has a single binding site for T4/T3. Serpin A7 tests are sometimes used in finding the reason for elevated or diminished levels of thyroid hormone, and defects in Serpin A7 are a cause of Serpin A7 deficiency.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 91-486
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $545.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.