- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Met 22 - Arg 734
- FUSION TAG: C-Fc Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 105.4 kDa
- PURITY: >95% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: 50 mM tris, 100 mM glycine, pH7.5
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SEMA4D
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SEMA4D, C9orf164, CD100, FLJ33485, FLJ34282, FLJ39737, FLJ46484, M-sema-G, MGC169138, MGC169141, SEMAJ, coll-4, Semaphorin-4D
- Protein Accession Number: AAH54500
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 10507
- Cluster of Differentiation 100 (CD100) is also known as Semaphorin-4D (SEMA4D), is a single-pass type I membrane protein which belongs to the semaphorin family, and is a human 150-kDa homodimer expressed at the surface of most hemopoietic cells. Semaphorin genes encode soluble and membrane-bound proteins, most of which have been shown to act as chemorepellents on growth cone guidance. CD100 is discrete, as it is a transmembrane leukocyte surface molecule that can also exist in a soluble form. Semaphorin 4D (Sema 4D) is an axon guidance molecule which is secreted by oligodendrocytes and induces growth cone collapse in the central nervous system. By binding plexin B1 receptor it functions as an R-Ras GTPase-activating protein (GAP) and repels axon growth cones in both the mature central nervous system. In the immune system, CD100 binds CD72 to activate B cells and dendritic cells, though much about this interaction is still under investigation. It is involved in oligodendrogenesis during development and during recovery from ischemic injury.
- 1: Delaire S, et al., 2001, J. Immunol. 166 (7): 4348–54.
- 2: Ito Y, et al., 2006, EMBO Reports 7 (7): 704–9.
- 3: Kumanogoh A, et al., 2000, Immunity 13 (5): 621–31.
- 4: Ishida I, et al., 2007, Int. Immunol. 15 (8): 1027–34.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 96-090
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin