- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: This SECISBP2 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 501-530 amino acids from the Central region of human SECISBP2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 95 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SECISBP2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Selenocysteine insertion sequence-binding protein 2, SECIS-binding protein 2, SECISBP2, SBP2
- Protein Accession Number: Q96T21
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 52788293
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 79048
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The incorporation of selenocysteine into a proteinrequires the concerted action of an mRNA element called a secinsertion sequence (SECIS), a selenocysteine-specific translationelongation factor and a SECIS binding protein. With these elementsin place, a UGA codon can be decoded as selenocysteine. The genedescribed in this record encodes a nuclear protein that functionsas a SECIS binding protein. Mutations in this gene have beenassociated with a reduction in activity of a specific thyroxinedeiodinase, a selenocysteine-containing enzyme, and abnormalthyroid hormone metabolism.
- 1: Meplan, C., et al. Carcinogenesis 31(6):1074-1079(2010)
- 2: Papp, L.V., et al. Antioxid. Redox Signal. 12(7):797-808(2010)
- 3: Di Cosmo, C., et al. J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 94(10):4003-4009(2009)
- 4: Olieric, V., et al. Biochimie 91(8):1003-1009(2009)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 58-088
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.