- Trial Size
Seasonal H1N1 Nonstructural Protein 1 AntibodyCATALOG NUMBER: 5357
- Clonality: Polyclonal
- Tested Applications: E
- Host Species: Rabbit
- Species Reactivity: Virus
- Conjugate: Unconjugated
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Virus
- IMMUNOGEN: NS1 antibody was raised against a synthetic peptide from the seasonal Influenza NS1 protein.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of Seasonal H1N1 Nonstructural Protein 1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E
- APPLICATION NOTE: NS1 antibody can be used for the detection of the NS1 protein from the H1N1 strain of Seasonal Influenza A in ELISA.
- SPECIFICITY: This antibody is specific for the seasonal H1N1 influenza NS1 and will not recognize the corresponding NS1 sequence from the Swine-Origin H1N1 influenza (A/California/04/2009 (H1N1)).
- PURIFICATION: Seasonal H1N1 Nonstructural Protein 1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Seasonal H1N1 Nonstructural Protein 1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Seasonal H1N1 Nonstructural Protein 1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: NS1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Seasonal H1N1 Nonstructural Protein 1 Antibody:
- Protein Accession Number: ABP49398
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 145278933
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Seasonal H1N1 Nonstructural Protein 1 Antibody: Influenza A virus is a major public health threat, killing more than 30, 000 people per year in the USA. In early 2009, a novel swine-origin influenza A (H1N1) virus (S-OIV) was identified in specimens obtained from patients in Mexico and the United States. One of the less studied proteins encoded by, but not incorporated in, the influenza virus is the nonstructural protein (NS) 1. NS1 counters cellular antiviral activities and acts as a virulence factor. It can bind to double-stranded RNA and sequester it from 2'-5'OAS, preventing the activation of the RNAse L, which normally acts to degrade RNA and prevent virus replication. NS1 also binds to and inhibits the anti-viral protein kinase PKR.
- 1: Thompson WW, Shay DK, Weintraub, et al. Mortality associated with influenza and respiratory syncytial virus in the United States. JAMA2003; 289:179-186.
- 2: Novel Swine-Origin Influenza A (H1N1) Virus Investigation Team, Dawood FS, Jain S, et al. Emergence of a novel swine-origin influenza A (H1N1) virus in humans. N. Engl. J. Med.2009; 360:2605-15.
- 3: Krug RM, Yuan W, Noah D, et al. Intracellular warfare between human influenza viruses and human cells: the role of the viral NS1 protein. Virology2003; 309:181-9.
- 4: Min J-Y and Krug RM. The primary function of RNA binding by the influenza A virus NS1 protein is infected cells: inhibiting the 2’-5'oligo (A) synthase/RNase L pathway. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA2006; 103:7100-5.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5357
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805