- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Virus
- IMMUNOGEN: Hemagglutinin antibody was raised against a synthetic peptide from the Hemagglutinin protein.
The peptide sequence is unique from the peptide sequence for product 5231 and 5239.
This antibody is a cognate pair with antibody 5237.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 180 - 230 of Seasonal H1N1 Hemagglutinin.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA
- APPLICATION NOTE: Hemagglutinin antibody can be used for the detection of the Hemagglutinin protein from the H1N1 strain of common influenza A in ELISA. It will detect 2 ng of free peptide at 1 μg/mL.
- SPECIFICITY: This antibody is specific for the seasonal H1N1 influenza Hemagglutinin and will not recognize the corresponding Hemagglutinin sequence from the swine-origin H1N1 influenza (A/California/14/2009 (H1N1)). Will not cross-react with peptide corresponding to the swine-origin H1N1 influenza Hemagglutinin.
- PURIFICATION: Seasonal H1N1 Hemagglutinin Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Seasonal H1N1 Hemagglutinin Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Seasonal H1N1 Hemagglutinin antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: HA
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Seasonal H1N1 Hemagglutinin Antibody:
- Protein Accession Number: ACA28844
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 168805691
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Seasonal H1N1 Hemagglutinin Antibody: Influenza A virus is a major public health threat, killing more than 30,000 people per year in the USA. In early 2009, a novel swine-origin influenza A (H1N1) virus was identified in specimens obtained from patients in Mexico and the United States. The virus spread quickly around the world and on June 11, 2009, the World Health Organization declared it a pandemic. Influenza A virus has one of sixteen possible Hemagglutinin (HA) surface proteins and one of nine possible Neuraminidase (NA) surface proteins. The Hemagglutinin protein facilitates viral attachment while Neuraminidase is involved in viral release. These proteins also elicit immune responses that prevent infection or independently reduce viral replication. The genetic make-up of this swine flu virus is unlike any other: it is an H1N1 strain that combines a triple assortment first identified in 1998 including human, swine, and avian influenza with two new pig H3N2 virus genes from Eurasia, themselves of recent human origin. The distinct antigenic properties of the new swine virus compared with seasonal influenza A (H1N1) virus suggest that human immunity against new swine influenza virus is limited, although the age distribution of reported cases suggests some degree of protection in older age groups.
- 1: Thompson WW, Shay DK, Weintraub, et al. Mortality associated with influenza and respiratory syncytial virus in the United States. JAMA 2003; 289:179-186.
- 2: Novel Swine-Origin Influenza A (H1N1) Virus Investigation Team, Dawood FS, Jain S, et al. Emergence of a novel swine-origin influenza A (H1N1) virus in humans. N. Engl. J. Med. 2009; 360:2605-15.
- 3: Butler D. Swine flu goes global. Nature 2009; 458:1082-3.
- 4: Morens DM, Taubenberger JK, and Fauci AS. The Persistent Legacy of the 1918 Influenza Virus. N. Engl. J. Med. 2009; Jun 29.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5235
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin