- HOST SPECIES: Chicken
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (93%)
- IMMUNOGEN: SDHAF2 antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of human SDHAF2.
The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of SDHAF2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: SDHAF2 antibody can be used for detection of SDHAF2 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: SDHAF2 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with other SDHAF protein family members.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1464 - Rat Liver Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: SDHAF2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgY
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: SDHAF2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: SDHAF2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SDHAF2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SDHAF2 Antibody: PGL2, SDH5, C11orf79, PGL2, Succinate dehydrogenase assembly factor 2, mitochondrial, Succinate dehydrogenase subunit 5, SDH assembly factor 2
- Protein Accession Number: NP_060311
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 8923450
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 54949
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- SDHAF2 Antibody: SDHAF2 (Succinate dehydrogenase complex assembly factor 2) encodes a mitochondrial protein needed for FAD cofactor attach to the SDH enzyme which plays a critical role in mitochondria. SDHAF2 is a tumor suppressor, but recent evidence suggests that somatic mutations of the SDHAF2 are unlikely to contribute to parathyroid tumor development in sporadic primary hyperparathyroidism.
- 1: Hao HX, Khalimonchuk O, Schraders M, et al. SDH5, a gene required for flavination of succinate dehydrogenase, is mutated in paraganglioma. Science 2009; 325:1139-42.
- 2: Burnichon N, Brière JJ, Libé R, et al. SDHA is a tumor suppressor gene causing paraganglioma. Hum. Mol. Genet. 2010; 19:3011-20.
- 3: Kunst HP, Rutten MH, de Monnink JP, et al. SDHAF2 (PGL2-SDH5) and hereditary head and neck paraganglioma. Clin. Cancer Res. 2011; 17:247-54
- 4: Starker LF, Delgado-Verdugo A, Udelsman R, et al. Expression and somatic mutations of SDHAF2 (SDH5), a novel endocrine tumor suppressor gene in parathyroid tumors of primary hyperparathyroidism. Endocrine 2010; 38:397-401.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6507
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.