- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Mouse: (93%)
- IMMUNOGEN: SCUBE1 antibody was raised against a 14 amino acid synthetic peptide near the center of human SCUBE1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 460 - 510 of SCUBE1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, ICC, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: SCUBE1 antibody can be used for detection of SCUBE1 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 20 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunocytochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1224 - Daudi Cell Lysate
- PURIFICATION: SCUBE1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: SCUBE1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: SCUBE1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SCUBE1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SCUBE1 Antibody: Signal peptide, CUB and EGF-like domain-containing protein 1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_766638
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 120587029
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 80274
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- SCUBE1 Antibody: SCUBE1 is an EGF-related protein with a CUB (C1s-like) domain that is expressed primarily in the developing gonad, nervous system, somites, surface ectoderm and limb buds. The N-terminal EGF-like repeats of SCUBE1 participate in the formation of adhesions in a Ca2+-dependent fashion. In contrast, the C-terminal cysteine-rich motifs and CUB domain can directly bind and antagonize bone morphogenic protein activity; genetic ablation of this region resulted in brain malformation in mice embryos, suggesting SCUBE1 plays a role in brain morphogenesis. SCUBE1 has also been implicated in early craniofacial development in mice.
- 1: Grimmond S, Larder R, Van Hateren N, et al. Cloning, mapping, and expression analysis of a gene encoding a novel mammalian EGF-related protein (SCUBE1). Genomics2000; 70:74-81.
- 2: Tu C, Yan Y, Wu S, et al. Domain and function analysis of a novel platelet-endothelial cell surface protein, SCUBE1. J. Biol. Chem.2008; 283:12478-88.
- 3: Xaiver GM, Sharpe PT, and Colbourne MT. Scube1 is expressed during facial development in the mouse. J. Exp. Zool. B. Mol. Dev. Evol.2009; 312B:518-24.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5843
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin