- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: SCRN1 antibody was raised against a 20 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human SCRN1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 320 - 370 of SCRN1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: SCRN1 antibody can be used for detection of SCRN1 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1305 - Human Kidney Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-401 - Human Kidney Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: SCRN1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: SCRN1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: SCRN1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SCRN1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SCRN1 Antibody: SES1, KIAA0193, Secernin-1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001138985
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 224465194
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 9805
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- SCRN1 Antibody: SCRN1 was first identified as a cytosolic protein that is involved in the regulation of exocytosis from peritoneal mast cells. More recent studies have shown that SCRN1 expression is upregulated in gastric cancer cell lines and may possess epitopes that could function as tumor-associated antigens, potentially providing targets for cancer vaccines in the treatment of gastric cancers. Another report indicates that decreased expression of SCRN1 via RNAi expression resulted in significantly lower rates of cell growth in colorectal cancer cell lines, and increased SCRN1 expression in patients with colorectal cancer correlated with poor prognosis, suggesting that SCRN1 may also be involved in the regulation of cell growth and might be useful as a prognostic tool.
- 1: Way G, Morrice N, Smythe C, et al. Purification and identification of Secernin, a novel cytosolic protein that regulates exocytosis in mast cells. Mol. Biol. Cell2002; 13:3344-54.
- 2: Suda T, Tsunoda T, Uchida N, et al. Identification of secernin 1 as a novel immunotherapy target for gastric cancer using the expression profiles of cDNA microarray. Cancer Sci.2006; 97:411-9.
- 3: Miyoshi N, Ishii H, Mimori K, et al. SCRN1 is a novel marker for prognosis in colorectal cancer. J. Surg. Oncol.2010; 101:156-9.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5849
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin