- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: SCRAPPER antibody was raised against a 18 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of the human SCRAPPER.
The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of SCRAPPER.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: SCRAPPER antibody can be used for detection of SCRAPPER by Western blot at 0.5 - 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1288 - A20 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: SCRAPPER Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: SCRAPPER Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: SCRAPPER antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: FBXL20
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SCRAPPER Antibody: Fbl2, Fbl20, FBL2, F-box and leucine-rich repeat protein 20
- Protein Accession Number: NP_116264
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 27734755
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 84961
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- SCRAPPER Antibody: Members of the F-box protein family, such as Scrapper, are characterized by an approximately 40-amino acid F-box motif. SCF complexes, formed by SKP1, cullin, and F-box proteins, act as protein-ubiquitin ligases. Scrapper is selectively expressed in the brain, broadly expressed within the mouse CNS and is abundant at presynaptic membrane. Scrapper has orthologs in C. elegans, D. melanogaster, and mammals which suggests that it might function as an important membrane-localized E3 ligase in various species. Scrapper is a major presynaptic E3 ubiquitin ligase that acts through RIM1a via degradation and the ubiquitin-proteasome-system (UPS) pathway to critically regulate synaptic transmission. This identifies protein degradation as a mechanism for holding synaptic communication in check.
- 1: Ho MS, Tsai PI, and Chien CT. F-box proteins: the key to protein degradation. J. Biomed. Sci.2006; 13:181-91.
- 2: Dobie F and Craig AM. A fight for neurotransmission: SCRAPPER trashes RIM. Cell2007; 130:775-7.
- 3: Yao I, Takagi H, Ageta H, et al. SCRAPPER-dependent ubiquitination of active zone protein RIM1 regulates synaptic vesicle release. Cell2007; 130:943-57.
- 4: Ding M, Chao D, Wang G, et al. Spatial regulation of an E3 ubiquitin ligase directs selective synapse elimination. Science2007; 317:947-51.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4451
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin