- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Mouse: (84%), Bovine: (84%)
- IMMUNOGEN: SCO2 antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human SCO2.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of SCO2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: SCO2 antibody can be used for detection of SCO2 by Western blot at 0.5 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1209 - HL60 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-201 - Human Liver Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 29 kDa
Observed: 33 kDa
- PURIFICATION: SCO2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: SCO2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: SCO2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SCO2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SCO2 Antibody: SCOD1, Protein SCO2 homolog, mitochondrial
- Protein Accession Number: O43819
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 8134662
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 9997
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- SCO2 Antibody: Synthesis of cytochrome c oxidase 2 was initially identified in yeast as one of two cytochrome c oxidase (COX) assembly proteins that enable the assembly of cytochrome c holoenzyme, a complex that catalyzes the transfer of reducing equivalents from cytochrome c to molecular oxygen and pumps protons across the inner mitochondrial membrane. Like their yeast homologs, the function of both SCO2 and SCO1 are dependent on copper ion binding. Recent studies suggest that SCO2 expression is regulated by p53, so that a decrease in p53 expression, such as in numerous tumors and cells lines, the drop in SCO2 expression leads to a shift from normal aerobic respiration towards the production of glycolytic ATP. Defects in the SCO2 protein are also associated with fatal infantile cardioencephalomyopathy and COX deficiency.
- 1: Glerum DM, Shtanko A, and Tzagoloff A. SCO1 and SCO2 act as high copy suppressors of a mitochondrial copper recruitment defect in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J. Biol. Chem. 1996; 271:20531-5.
- 2: Horng Y-C, Leary SC, Cobine PA, et al. Human Sco1 and Sco2 function as copper-binding proteins. J. Biol. Chem. 2005; 280:34113-22.
- 3: Matoba S, Kang J-G, Patino WD, et al. p53 regulates mitochondrial respiration. Science 2006; 312:1650-3.
- 4: Papadopoulou LC, Sue CM, Davidson MM, et al. Fatal infantile cardioencephalomyopathy with COX deficiency and mutations in SCO2, a COX assembly gene. Nat. Genetics 1999; 23:333-7.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4045
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin