- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: SCO1 antibody was raised against a 14 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the center of human SCO1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 100 - 150 of SCO1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: SCO1 antibody can be used for detection of SCO1 by Western blot at 0.5 - 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1303 - Human Brain Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: SCO1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: SCO1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: SCO1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SCO1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SCO1 Antibody: SCOD1, SCOD1, Protein SCO1 homolog, mitochondrial
- Protein Accession Number: O75880
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 8134663
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 6341
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- SCO1 Antibody: Synthesis of cytochrome c oxidase 1 was initially identified in yeast as one of two cytochrome c oxidase (COX) assembly proteins that enable the assembly of cytochrome c holoenzyme, a complex that catalyzes the transfer of reducing equivalents from cytochrome c to molecular oxygen and pumps protons across the inner mitochondrial membrane. Like their yeast homologs, the function of both SCO1 and SCO2 are dependent on copper ion binding. Mutations in either gene can lead to cytochrome c oxidase respiratory chain defects, with a missense mutation in human SCO1 (P174L) associated with a fatal neonatal hepatopathy when the second allele is also non-functional, suggesting the pathology is due to loss of function. It has been suggested that this mutation alters the SCO1 affinity for the copper (I) ion, thus impairing the efficiency of copper transfer to the cytochrome c oxidase. At least two isoforms of SCO1 are known to exist and both are recognized by the SCO1 antibody. This SCO1 antibody has no cross-reactivity to SCO2.
- 1: Glerum DM, Shtanko A, and Tzagoloff A. SCO1 and SCO2 act as high copy suppressors of a mitochondrial copper recruitment defect in Saccharomyces cerevisiae.J. Biol. Chem.1996; 271:20531-5.
- 2: Horng Y-C, Leary SC, Cobine PA, et al. Human Sco1 and Sco2 function as copper-binding proteins. J. Biol. Chem.2005; 280:34113-22.
- 3: Valnot I, Osmond S, Gigarel N. Mutations of the SCO1 gene in mitochondrial cytochrome c oxidase deficiency with neonatal-onset hepatic failure and encephalopathy. Am. J. Hum. Genet.2000; 67:1104-9.
- 4: Banci L, Bertini I, Ciofi-Baffoni S, et al. Human Sco1 functional studies and pathological implications of the P174L mutant. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA2007; 104:15-20.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4043
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin