- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (71%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-SCF antibody (5165) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 18 amino acids near the center of human SCF.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 100-150 of SCF.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 1-2 μg/mL; IHC: 2.5 μg/mL; IF: 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human, mouse and rat samples; Immunohistochemistry in mouse samples; Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1202 – A431 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 31kD
Observed: 36 kD (31kD + 4 N-linked Glycosylations)
Recombinant Protein Test (Figure 2): Anti-SCF antibodies (5165) detected human SCF recombinant protein at different concentrations.
Regulated expression validation (Figure 7 & 8): SCF expression detected by anti-SCF antibodies (5165) was up-regulated by angiotensin II (Ang II) treatment and was down-regulated by two inhibitors (Figure 7) or CNP treatment (Figure 8).
- ISOFORMS: Human SCF has 3 isoforms, including isoform 1 (273aa, 30.9kD), isoform 2 (245aa, 27.9kD) and isoform 3 (238aa, 26.7kD). Mouse SCF has 2 isoforms, including isoform 1 (273aa, 30.6kD) and isoform 2 (245aa, 27.6kD). Rat SCF also has 2 isoforms, including isoform 1 (273aa, 30.7kD) and isoform 2 (245aa, 27.7kD). 5165 can detect human and possibly detect mouse and rat.
- PURIFICATION: SCF Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: SCF Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: SCF antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: KITLG
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SCF Antibody: SF, MGF, SCF, FPH2, KL-1, Kitl, SHEP7, Kit ligand, Mast cell growth factor
- Protein Accession Number: P21583
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 134289
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 4254
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- SCF Antibody: Stem cell factor (SCF) is the ligand of the c-Kit oncogene and is expressed by various structural and inflammatory cells in the airways. Binding of SCF by the c-Kit receptor leads to homodimerization of the receptor and the activation of signalling pathways such as PI-3, PLC-gamma, Jak/STAT, and MAP kinase pathways. SCF expression leads to the induction of mast cell survival and the expression and release of histamine, pro-inflammatory cytokines and chemokines. The inhibition of the SCF/c-Kit pathway leads to a decrease in histamine levels, mast cell and eosinophil infiltration, IL-4 production and airway hyperresponsiveness, suggesting this pathway may be a useful therapeutic target in inflammatory diseases such as asthma. At least two isoforms of SCF are known to exist.
- 1: Reber et al. Euro. J. Pharmacology 2006; 533:327-40.
- 2: Jensen et al. Inflamm. Allergy Drug Targets 2007; 6:57-62.
- 3: Lukacs et al. J. Immunol. 1996; 156:3945-51.
- 1: Zhang et al. Up-regulation of the Ang II/AT1 receptor may compensate for the loss of gastric antrum ICC via the PI3k/Akt signaling pathway in STZ-induced diabetic mice. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2016;423:77-86.PMID: 26773730
- 2: Wu et al. Diabetes-induced loss of gastric ICC accompanied by up-regulation of natriuretic peptide signaling pathways in STZ-induced diabetic mice. Peptides. 2013;40:104-11. PMID: 23352981
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5165
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin