- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine
- IMMUNOGEN: This SCD5 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 147-175 amino acids from the Central region of human SCD5.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 38 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SCD5
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Stearoyl-CoA desaturase 5, Acyl-CoA-desaturase 4, HSCD5, Stearoyl-CoA 9-desaturase, SCD5, ACOD4, SCD4
- Protein Accession Number: Q86SK9
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 162416247
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 79966
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Stearoyl-CoA desaturase (SCD; EC 22.214.171.124) is an integralmembrane protein of the endoplasmic reticulum that catalyzes theformation of monounsaturated fatty acids from saturated fattyacids. SCD may be a key regulator of energy metabolism with a rolein obesity and dislipidemia. Four SCD isoforms, Scd1 through Scd4,have been identified in mouse. In contrast, only 2 SCD isoforms,SCD1 (MIM 604031) and SCD5, have been identified in human. SCD1shares about 85% amino acid identity with all 4 mouse SCD isoforms,as well as with rat Scd1 and Scd2. In contrast, SCD5 shares limitedhomology with the rodent SCDs and appears to be unique to primates(Wang et al., 2005 [PubMed 15907797]).
- 1: Bailey, S.D., et al. Diabetes Care (2010) In press :
- 2: Rose, J.E., et al. Mol. Med. 16 (7-8), 247-253 (2010) :
- 3: Jugessur, A., et al. PLoS ONE(7), E11493 (2010) :
- 4: Talmud, P.J., et al. Am. J. Hum. Genet. 85(5):628-642(2009)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 56-815
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.