- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: CHO cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: NKILVKQSPM LVAYDNAVNL SCKYSYNLFS REFRASLHKG LDSAVEVCVV YGNYSQQLQV YSKTGFNCDG KLGNESVTFY LQNLYVNQTD IYFCKIEVMY PPPYLDNEKS NGTIIHVKGK HLCPSPLFPG PSKPGGPKSC DKTHTCPPCP APELLGGPSV FLFPPKPKDT LMISRTPEVT CVVVDVSHED PEVKFNWYVD GVEVHNAKTK PREEQYNSTY RVVSVLTVLH QDWLNGKEYK CKVSNKALPA PIEKTISKAK GQPREPQVYT LPPSRDELTK NQVSLTCLVK GFYPSDIAVE WESNGQPENN YKTTPPVLDS DGSFFLYSKL TVDKSRWQQG NVFSCSVMHE ALHNHYTQKS LSLSPGK
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Determined by its ability to bind its principal binding partner (B7-1) in a functional ELISA.
- PURITY: ≥ 95% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted protein is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing the recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CD28
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: soluble CD28 Fc, T-cell-specific surface glycoprotein CD28, TP44
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 940
- CTLA-4 and CD28 are receptors of the immunoglobulin superfamily that are expressed, along with the transmembrane glycoproteins B7-1 and B7-2, by antigen-presenting cells, and with these ligands constitute crucial co-stimulatory pathways for T and B cell regulatory responses. It is through engagement with CD28 and CTLA-4 that the B7 family ligands B7-1 and B7-2 play principal roles in immunity by activating immune response and maintaining immune tolerance. Co-stimulatory signals generated by B7-1 and B7-2 interactions with CD28 serve to stimulate T cell activation and prevent anergy through the amplification of T cell receptor (TCR) signaling. In contrast, interactions of the ligands with CTLA-4 serves to maintain T cell homeostasis and self-tolerance through the disruption of stimulatory signaling from B7 isoform-bound CD28 complexes, and by inducing powerful inhibitory signals in T cells. CTLA-4, like B7-1, is only poorly expressed on resting dendritic cells; therefore, up-regulation of their interaction and resultant amplification and regulation of T cell activity at peripheral inflammation sites is considerably delayed upon immune activation. Conversely, B7-2 and CD28 are constitutively expressed by resting hematopoietic and T cells, respectively, and as a result are able to rapidly induce up-regulation upon immune activation, making them critical to the early co-stimulatory signaling of immune response. Unlike B7-1 and B7-2, the ligands PD-L1 (or B7-H1) and B7-H2, which also belong to the B7 family, have not been shown to influence immunity through interaction with CTLA-4. B7-H2 has been shown to have restricted interaction with CD28. The difference in expression of B7-1, B7-2 and B7-H2 may enable temporally and spatially-specific regulation of T cell response through non-competitive CD28 interaction. CHO cell-derived Recombinant Human sCD28 Fc is a glycosylated, disulfide-linked homodimer of 734 amino acid residues whose monomer consists of the 134-amino-acid length extracellular portion of CD28 fused to the 231-amino-acid length Fc portion of human IgG1 by two glycines. The calculated molecular weight of Recombinant Human sCD28 Fc dimer is 82.4 kDa; however, due to glycosylation, the monomer and dimer migrate at apparent molecular weights of approximately 60-70 kDa and 150–160 kDa by SDS-PAGE analysis under reducing conditions.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-695
- Size: 20 ug
- List Price: $195.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.