- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: SATB2 antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of the human SATB2.
The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of SATB2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: SATB2 antibody can be used for detection of SATB2 by Western blot at 2 - 4 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least two isoforms of SATB2 are known to exist. This SATB2 antibody will not cross-react with SATB1.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1403 - Mouse Brain Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: SATB2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: SATB2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: SATB2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SATB2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SATB2 Antibody: KIAA1034, DNA-binding protein SATB2, Special AT-rich sequence-binding protein 2
- Protein Accession Number: Q9UPW6
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 13634020
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 23314
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- SATB2 Antibody: Human special AT-rich sequence-binding protein-2 (SATB2) is a nuclear matrix/scaffold-associated region DNA-binding protein. Like its homolog SATB1, SATB2 selectively binds double-stranded, special AT-rich DNA sequences, but is expressed primarily in a subset of postmitotic, differentiating neurons in the neocortex. Mice deficient in SATB exhibit craniofacial abnormalities and defects in osteoblast differentiation and function. SATB2 also interacts with and enhances the activity of Runx2 and ATF4, two transcription factors that regulate osteoblast differentiation, indicating that SATB2 acts as a molecular node in a transcriptional network regulating skeletal development and osteoblast differentiation. Recent experiments have shown that SATB2 interacts with histone deacetylase 1 and metastasis-associated protein 2, two proteins that are involved in chromatin remodeling, suggesting that SATB2 may also be involved in mediating epigenetic influences during cortical development.
- 1: Dickinson LA and Kohwi-Shigematsu T. Nucleolin is a matrix attachment region DNA-binding protein that specifically recognizes a region with high base-unpairing potential. Mol. Cell. Biol.1995; 15:456-65.
- 2: Szemes M, Gyorgy A, Pawaletz C, et al. Isolation and characterization of SATB2, a novel AT-rich DNA binding protein expressed in development- and cell-specific manner in the rat brain. Neurochem. Res.2006; 31:237-46.
- 3: Dobreva G, Chahour M, Dautzenberg M, et al. SATB2 is a multifunctional determinant of craniofacial patterning and osteoblast differentiation. Cell2006; 125:971-86.
- 4: Gyorgy AB, Szemes M, de Jaun Romero C, et al. SATB2 interacts with chromatin-remodeling molecules in differentiating cortical neurons. Eur. J. Neurosci.2008; 27:865-73.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4627
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.