- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Virus
- IMMUNOGEN: HEK293 derived SARS-COV-2 SPIKE S1 Val16-Arg685 Accession #YP_009724390.1
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA
- APPLICATION NOTE: SARS-COV-2 Spike S1 Sandwich Elisa:
ELISA Capture: Recommended Concentration:1-4ug/mL, Sample: SARS-CoV-2 Spike S1 Protein AntibodyCAP)
ELISA Capture: Recommended Concentration:0.01-0.04ug/mL, Sample: SARS-CoV-2 Spike S1 Protein Antibody
Standard:Recommended Concentration: 156-10000pg/mL, Sample: Recombinant SARS-COV-2 Spike S1 Protein with His tag
- SPECIFICITY: SARS-COV-2
- PURIFICATION: Affinity purification
< 1.0 EU/ug of the protein by LAL method.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Lyophilized from a 0.2 um filtered solution in PBS, pH7.4 with antibody at a final concentration of 1 mg/ml.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/ml
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: 2°C - 8°C for one month, -20°C to -80°C for one year. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: S
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19, 2019-nCoV) Spike Antibody: Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), Surface Glycoprotein, Spike protein
- Protein Accession Number: YP_009724390.1
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 43740568
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The spike (S) glycoprotein of coronaviruses contains protrusions that will only bind to certain receptors on the host cell. Known receptors bind S1 are ACE2, angiotensin-converting enzyme 2; DPP4, dipeptidyl peptidase-4; APN, aminopeptidase N; CEACAM, carcinoembryonic antigen-related cell adhesion molecule 1; Sia, sialic acid; O-ac Sia, O-acetylated sialic acid. The spike is essential for both host specificity and viral infectivity. The term 'peplomer' is typically used to refer to a grouping of heterologous proteins on the virus surface that function together. The spike (S) glycoprotein of coronaviruses is known to be essential in the binding of the virus to the host cell at the advent of the infection process. It's been reported that SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19 coronavirus, 2019-nCoV) can infect the human respiratory epithelial cells through interaction with the human ACE2 receptor. The spike protein is a large type I transmembrane protein containing two subunits, S1 and S2. S1 mainly contains a receptor binding domain (RBD), which is responsible for recognizing the cell surface receptor. S2 contains basic elements needed for the membrane fusion.The S protein plays key parts in the induction of neutralizing-antibody and T-cell responses, as well as protective immunity. The main functions for the Spike protein are summarized as: Mediate receptor binding and membrane fusion; Defines the range of the hosts and specificity of the virus; Main component to bind with the neutralizing antibody; Key target for vaccine design; Can be transmitted between different hosts through gene recombination or mutation of the receptor binding domain (RBD), leading to a higher mortality rate.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.