- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Virus
- IMMUNOGEN: HEK293 derived SARS-COV-2 SPIKE RBD, amino acids Arg319-Phe541
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E
- SPECIFICITY: SARS-CoV-2
- PURIFICATION: Affinity Purified, Endotoxin Level: < 1.0 EU/ug of the protein by LAL method.
- CLONALITY: Recombinant Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: Chimeric MAb
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied as a 0.2um filtered solution in PBS, pH 7.4.
- CONCENTRATION: 1mg/ml
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: This antibody can be stored at 2°C to -8°C for one month without detectable loss of activity. Antibody products are stable for twelve months from date of receipt when stored at -20°C to -80°C. Preservative-Free. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: S
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: spike glycoprotein
- Protein Accession Number: #YP_009724390.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 1796318598
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 43740568
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The spike (S) glycoprotein of coronaviruses contains protrusions that will only bind to certain receptors on the host cell. The spike is essential for both host specificity and viral infectivity. The spike (S) glycoprotein of coronaviruses is known to be essential in the binding of the virus to the host cell at the advent of the infection process. It''s been reported that SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19 coronavirus, 2019-nCoV) can infect the human respiratory epithelial cells through interaction with the human ACE2 receptor. S1 mainly contains a receptor binding domain (RBD), which is responsible for recognizing the cell surface receptor. The main functions for the Spike protein are summarized as: Mediate receptor binding and membrane fusion; Defines the range of the hosts and specificity of the virus; Main component to bind with the neutralizing antibody; Key target for vaccine design; Can be transmitted between different hosts through gene recombination or mutation of the receptor binding domain (RBD), leading to a higher mortality rate.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilution/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guidline for Product use . The product is for research use only
CATALOG NUMBER: 11-085
- Size: 0.1mg
- List Price: $535.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.