- Trial Size
SARS-CoV-2 Spike P681H Antibody [1G8D11] (Alpha, Mu Variant)CATALOG NUMBER: PM-9373
- Clonality: Monoclonal
- Tested Applications: E, WB
- Host Species: Mouse
- Species Reactivity: Virus
- Conjugate: Unconjugated
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Virus
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted reactivity based on immunogen sequence: SARS-CoV Spike proteins: (25%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) P681H Mutant Specific Spike P681H antibody (PM-9373) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 12 amino acids near the center of SARS-CoV-2 Alpha variant (B.1.1.7) Spike protein.
The immunogen is located within 650-700 amino acids of SARS-CoV-2 Alpha Variant (B.1.1.7, UK) Spike protein.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 1 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples. Anti-SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) P681H Mutant Specific Spike antibody can specifically detect SARS-CoV-2 Alpha Variant (B.1.1.7, UK) S1 protein, but not SARS-CoV-2 WT Spike S1 protein by ELISA and WB. It can also detect mutant peptide (681H), but not WT peptide (681P). All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: May cross-react with several virus of interest (VOI) variant lineages that contains P681H mutation, including B.11.318, B.1.621, B.1.621.1, P.3. But all of these lineages are rarely present in current pandemic.
- PURIFICATION: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Alpha Variant (B.1.1.7, UK) Spike P681H Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG2a, Kappa
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) P681H Mutant Specific Spike antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) P681H Mutant Specific Spike antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: S
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) P681H Mutant Specific Spike antibody: Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), Surface Glycoprotein, Spike protein
- Protein Accession Number: QHD43416
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 1791269090
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 43740568
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- In September of 2020 a new lineage of SARS-CoV-2, known as B.1.1.7 and named as Alpha variant, was discovered in the United Kingdom. This lineage was found to have developed 14 lineage-specific amino acid replacements and 3 deletions prior to its discovery. The transmission of alpha variant (B.1.1.7 lineage) was increased at least 50%. Increased severity and higher death rate were also found in apha variant. Alpha variant will not affect the effectiveness of COVID19 vaccine. One of the mutations associated with this lineage is a N501Y in the spike protein of the virus. It is believed that this mutation is able to increase the spike protein's affinity for the host ACE2 receptor and it has been associated with increased infectivity and virulence. B.1.1.7 viruses have also been shown to have a P681H mutation in the cleavage site of spike protein. This location is one of the residues that make up the furin cleavage site between S1 and S2 in spike protein.
- 1: Duchene et al. Virus Evolution 6(2): veaa061.
- 2: Gu et al. Science 369(6511):1603-1607
- 3: Hoffmann et al. Molecular Cell 78(4):779-784.e5
- 4: Davies et al. Science 372(6538):eabg3055.
- 5: Davies et al. Nature. 593(7858):270-274.
- 6: Graham, et al. The Lancet Public Health. 6(5): e335-e345.
- 7: Horby et al. New & Emerging Threats Advisory Group. 2020;91:264-266.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-9373
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $129.00 – $439.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805