- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Virus
- IMMUNOGEN: Sequenced from human survivors of COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2). The spike NTD is expressed on the surface of SARS-CoV-2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IHC
- APPLICATION NOTE: ELISA (Quality Tested by ProSci); IHC (Other applications as reported in literature)
- SPECIFICITY: Anti-SARS-CoV-2 Spike NTD, clone 2146, specifically targets an epitope on the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein N-terminal domain. This antibody does not cross-react with the receptor-binding domain (RBD) of the spike protein or the NTD of SARS-CoV
- PURIFICATION: >95% by SDS-PAGE and HPLC
- CLONALITY: Recombinant Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: Human IgG1
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: This monoclonal antibody is aseptically packaged and formulated in 0.01 M phosphate buffered saline (PBS) pH 7.2 - 7.4, 150 mM NaCl with no carrier protein, potassium, calcium or preservatives added.
- CONCENTRATION: >1.0 mg/ml
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Functional grade preclinical antibodies may be stored sterile as received at 2-8° C for up to one month. For longer term storage, aseptically aliquot in working volumes without diluting and store at -80° C. Avoid Repeated Freeze Thaw Cycles.
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SARS-CoV2 Spike NTD, COVID-19, 2019-nCoV, Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2, SARS-CoV2
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: SARS-CoV-2
- 1: Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), the causative agent of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), is an enveloped, single-stranded, positive-sense RNA virus that belongs to the Coronaviridae family 1. The SARS-CoV-2 genome, which shares 79.6% identity with SARS-CoV, encodes four essential structural proteins: the spike (S), envelope (E), membrane (M), and nucleocapsid protein (N) 2. The S protein is a transmembrane, homotrimeric, class I fusion glycoprotein that mediates viral attachment, fusion, and entry into host cells 3. Each ~180 kDa monomer contains two functional subunits, S1 (~700 a.a) and S2 (~600 a.a), that mediate viral attachment and membrane fusion, respectively. S1 contains two major domains, the N-terminal (NTD) and C-terminal domains (CTD). In both SARS-CoV and SARS-CoV-2, the CTD contains the receptor-binding domain (RBD), which binds to the angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) receptor on host cells3-5. The NTD of SARS-CoV-2 does not bind to ACE26, and the function of NTD in SARS-CoV-2 infection is not well understood. In other CoVs, the NTD may promote attachment by binding to sugar moieties7 and might play a role in the conformational change of S2 required for membrane fusion8. While most neutralizing antibodies target the RBD domain and block receptor binding, potent neutralizing antibodies targeting NTD were isolated from convalescent COVID19 patients9, identifying the NTD as an attractive candidate for vaccines and therapeutics. In addition, the NTD is a promising antigen for diagnostic tests, as there is only 53.5% homology between the NTD of SARS-CoV-2 and SARS-CoV10.
- 4: Wrapp D, Wang N, Corbett KS, et al. bioRxiv. 2020.
- 5: Walls AC, Park YJ, Tortorici MA, et al. Cell. 181(2):281-292.e6. 2020.
- 6: Li W, Zhang C, Sui J, et al. EMBO J. 24(8):1634-1643. 2020.
- 7: Wang Q, Zhang Y, Wu L, et al. Cell. 181(4):894-904.e9. 2020.
- 9: Zhou, H., Chen, Y., Zhang, S. et al. Nat Commun 10, 3068. 2019.
- 10: Chi X, Yan R, Zhang J, et al. Science. eabc6952. 2020.
- 1: Ou, X., Liu, Y., Lei, X. et al. Nat Commun 11, 1620. 2020.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 10-055
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $480.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.