- SPECIES: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19, 2019-nCoV) Spike Protein
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Full-length sequence (aa 1 – 1273),
furin cleavage site “RRAR” mutated to “GSAG”;
C-terminal Rho1D4 tag fused with spacer “GSSG” to protein sequence
- FUSION TAG: C-terminal Rho1D4
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for ELISA assays, Ligand binding assays (e.g. SPR), Biochemical and biophysical analyses. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 1286 amino acids (including Rho1D4 tag and linker); 142114 Da
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: not determined
- PURITY: >98% as determined by SDS-PAGE, see Fig. 1 A and B. PureCube Rho1D4 Agarose.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: 20 mM Hepes pH 7.5; 150 mM NaCl, 0.01 % LMNG
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: –80°C. Avoid freeze-thaw cycles
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: S
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Spike Recombinant Protein: Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), Surface Glycoprotein, Spike protein
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 43740568
- The coronavirus, also known as SARS-CoV-2, enters the cell by using its surface SPIKE. SPIKE is processed on the cell's surface by TMPRSS2, a serine protease. It then subsequently binds to ACE2 a cell surface receptor. The Native SPIKE protein is a trimer that is located in the coronavirus membrane. Therefore to get pure & native SPIKE the trimer needs to be kept intact. Our lab staff achieved this in three different ways: MSP nanodiscs, based on MSP proteins Detergent Mycelles, as you can see here Synthetic nanodiscs
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 21-815
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $125.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin