- HOST SPECIES: Llama
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Virus
- IMMUNOGEN: SARS-CoV-2 Spike S2 protein containing C-terminal His Tag. The protein was expressed in human 293 cells (HEK293). It contains amino acids Ser 686 - Pro 1213.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E
- PURIFICATION: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Spike S2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via Nickel column. Antibody is supplied as a His-tagged purified protein. It also contains a myc-tag for detection.
- CLONALITY: Recombinant Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: sdAb
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Spike S2 Antibody is supplied in PBS.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Spike S2 Antibody should be stored in working aliquots at -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: S
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Spike S2 Antibody: Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), Surface Glycoprotein, Spike protein
- Protein Accession Number: QHD43416
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 1791269090
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 43740568
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- As SARS-CoV-2 Spike S2 protein is more conserved among coronaviruses than Spike S1 protein, antibodies against spike S2 protein may react with more Coronaviruses, serving as a pan-coronvirus antibody. The functional characteristics analysis revealed that P1A9 bind to spike trimer of SARS-CoV-1, but weakly bind to SARS-CoV-2 variants (delta and omicron). Biotinylated P1A9 can still bind spike trimer of SARS-CoV-2. In addition, P1A9 and another three spike S2 sdAbs (P1G5, P1A6, and P1B8) belong to different families based on their sequence alignment, and epitope mapping experiment indicated that they may bind to different epitopes with different affinity to the different strains in the binding ELISA. Our data showed that these spike S2 sdAbs bind spike trimer of both SARS-CoV-2 and SARS-CoV-1, suggesting that these spike S2 sdAbs have potentials as a novel and efficient tool suitable for pan-coronavirus studies as well as for identification of various coronaviruses and their variants from clinical samples.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: SD9791
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $459.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin