- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Virus
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted reactivity based on immunogen sequence: SARS-CoV Spike proteins: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Spike S2 antibody (PM-9429) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 20 amino acids near the carboxy terminus of SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Spike glycoprotein.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Spike protein.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 0.2 μg/mL; IF: 20 μg/mL. IHC: 0.5 μg/mL
Antibody validated: Immunofluorescence and Western blot in human samples. Immunohistochemistry in COVID-19 patient samples. SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Spike S2 antibody can be used for the detection of SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Spike full length protein in ELISA. It will detect 4 ng of free peptide at 1 μg/mL. PM-9429 cannot be used for detection of SARS-CoV-2/SARS-CoV Spike S1, Spike ECD, Spike S2 ECD proteins. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- ISOFORMS: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Spike has one isoform (1273aa).
- PURIFICATION: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Spike Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Spike Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Spike S2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: S
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Spike S2 Antibody: Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), Surface Glycoprotein, Spike protein
- Protein Accession Number: QHD43416
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 1791269090
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 43740568
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), formerly known as 2019-nCoV acute respiratory disease, is an infectious disease caused by SARS-CoV-2, a virus closely related to the SARS virus (1). The disease is the cause of the 2019–20 coronavirus outbreak (2). The structure of 2019-nCoV consists of the following: a Spike protein (S), hemagglutinin-esterease dimer (HE), a membrane glycoprotein (M), an envelope protein (E) a nucleoclapid protein (N) and RNA. Coronavirus invades cells through Spike (S) glycoproteins, a class I fusion protein. It is the major viral surface protein that coronavirus uses to bind to the human cell surface receptor. It also mediates the fusion of host and viral cell membrane, allowing the virus to enter human cells and begin infection (3). The spike protein is the major target for neutralizing antibodies and vaccine development (4). The protein modeling suggests that there is strong interaction between Spike protein receptor-binding domain and its host receptor angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2), which regulate both the cross-species and human-to-human transmissions of COVID-19 (5). The recent study has shown that the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein binds ACE2 with higher affinity than SARS-CoV spike protein (6).
- 1: Gorbalenya. bioRxiv: 2020.
- 2: Hui et al. Int J Infect Dis. 2020;91:264-266.
- 3: Belouzard et al. Viruses. 2012;4(6):1011-33.
- 4: Lee et al. J Virol. 2006;80(8):4079-87.
- 5: Wan et al. J Virol. 2020.
- 6: Wrapp et al. Science. 2020.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-9429
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $129.00 – $439.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.