- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Receptor-binding domain (RBD) of SARS-CoV-2 Spike protein S1 (aa 319-541) is fused at the C-terminus to a His-tag.
- APPLICATION NOTE: This protein forms a tetramer in the presence of streptavidin and this tetramer can be used to activate B cell memory to SARS-CoV-2 Spike protein.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: ~35kDa (SDS-PAGE)
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Binds to anti-SARS-CoV-2 Spike (RBD) antibodies in serum or plasma.
- PURITY: ≥95% (SDS-PAGE)
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Lyophilized. Contains PBS.
- CONCENTRATION: 1mg/ml after reconstitution.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Short Term StorageL: +4°C, Long Term Storage: -20°C, Handling Advice: After opening, prepare aliquots and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze/thaw cycles. For maximum product recovery after thawing, centrifuge the vial before opening the cap. Use/Stability: Stable for at least 6 months after receipt when stored at -20°C. Working aliquots are stable for up to 3 months when stored at -20°C.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: S
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: 2019-nCoV Spike Protein S1 (RBD); Spike Receptor Binding Domain
- Protein Accession Number: QHD43416.1
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 43740568
- SARS-CoV-2 shares 79.5% sequence identity with SARS-CoV and is 96.2% identical at the genome level to the bat coronavirus BatCoV RaTG133, suggesting it had originated in bats. The coronaviral genome encodes four major structural proteins: the Spike (S) protein, Nucleocapsid (N) protein, Membrane/Matrix (M) protein and the Envelope (E) protein. The SARS Envelope (E) protein contains a short palindromic transmembrane helical hairpin that seems to deform lipid bilayers, which may explain its role in viral budding and virion envelope morphogenesis. The SARS Membrane/Matrix (M) protein is one of the major structural viral proteins. It is an integral membrane protein involved in the budding of the viral particles and interacts with SARS Spike (S) protein and the Nucleocapsid (N) protein. The N protein contains two domains, both of them bind the virus RNA genome via different mechanisms.The CoV Spike (S) protein assembles as trimer and plays the most important role in viral attachment, fusion and entry. It is composed of a short intracellular tail, a transmembrane anchor and a large ectodomain that consists of a receptor binding S1 subunit (RBD domain) and a membrane-fusing S2 subunit. The S1 subunit contains a receptor binding domain (RBD), which binds to the cell surface receptor angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) present at the surface of epithelial cells.The SARS-CoV-2 Spike Protein S1 (RBD) (rec.) (His) is used as antigen in the Serological ELISA Kit to detect anti-SARS-CoV-2 Spike (RBD) antibodies in serum or plasma (see SARS-CoV-2 (Spike RBD) IgG Serological ELISA Kit; AG-45B-0020).This biotinylated version of SARS-CoV-2 Spike Protein S1 (RBD) (rec.) (His) forms a tetramer in the presence of streptavidin and this tetramer can be used to activate B cell memory to SARS-CoV-2 Spike protein.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 21-806
- Size: 50 ug
- List Price: $295.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.