- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Virus
- IMMUNOGEN: Recombinant protein
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, Flow, IF, IHC, IP
- APPLICATION NOTE: Elisa: 1:1000 - 1:5000, FCM,1:50 - 1:200, IHC: 1:50 - 1:200, IF: 1:50 - 1:200, IP: 1:50 - 1:200
- PURIFICATION: Affinity purification
- CLONALITY: Recombinant Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.02% sodium azide, 50% glycerol, pH 7.3
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C short term. Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: S
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19, 2019-nCoV) Spike Antibody: Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), Surface Glycoprotein, Spike protein
- Protein Accession Number: QHD43416.1
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 43740568
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The spike (S) glycoprotein of coronaviruses contains protrusions that will only bind to certain receptors on the host cell. Known receptors bind S1 are ACE2, angiotensin-converting enzyme 2; DPP4, dipeptidyl peptidase-4; APN, aminopeptidase N; CEACAM, carcinoembryonic antigen-related cell adhesion molecule 1; Sia, sialic acid; O-ac Sia, O-acetylated sialic acid. The spike is essential for both host specificity and viral infectivity. The term 'peplomer' is typically used to refer to a grouping of heterologous proteins on the virus surface that function together. The spike (S) glycoprotein of coronaviruses is known to be essential in the binding of the virus to the host cell at the advent of the infection process. It's been reported that 2019-nCoV can infect the human respiratory epithelial cells through interaction with the human ACE2 receptor. The spike protein is a large type I transmembrane protein containing two subunits, S1 and S2. S1 mainly contains a receptor binding domain (RBD), which is responsible for recognizing the cell surface receptor. S2 contains basic elements needed for the membrane fusion.The S protein plays key parts in the induction of neutralizing-antibody and T-cell responses, as well as protective immunity. The main functions for the Spike protein are summarized as: Mediate receptor binding and membrane fusion; Defines the range of the hosts and specificity of the virus; Main component to bind with the neutralizing antibody; Key target for vaccine design; Can be transmitted between different hosts through gene recombination or mutation of the receptor binding domain (RBD), leading to a higher mortality rate.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 24-032
- Size: 100 ul
- List Price: $455.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.