- Trial Size
SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Spike 681P Antibody [8G10B1]CATALOG NUMBER: PM-9366
- Clonality: Monoclonal
- Tested Applications: E, WB
- Host Species: Mouse
- Species Reactivity: Virus
- Conjugate: Unconjugated
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Virus
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted reactivity based on immunogen sequence: SARS-CoV Spike proteins: (25%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Spike 681P antibody (PM-9366) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 12 amino acids near the center of SARS-CoV-2 Spike protein.
The immunogen is located within 650-700 amino acids of the SARS-CoV-2 Spike protein.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 1 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples. Anti-SARS-CoV-2 Spike 681P antibody can detect SARS-CoV-2 WT Spike S1 protein, but not SARS-CoV-2 Alpha Variant (B.1.1.7, UK) S1 protein by ELISA and WB. It can also detect WT peptide (681P), but not mutant peptide (681H). All other applications and species not yet tested.
- PURIFICATION: SARS-CoV-2 Spike 681P antibody is immunoaffinity chromatography purified IgG.
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG3
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Anti-SARS-CoV-2 Spike 681P antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: SARS-CoV-2 Spike 681P antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: S
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SARS-CoV-2 Spike 681P antibody: Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), Surface Glycoprotein, Spike protein
- Protein Accession Number: QHD43416
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 1791269090
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 43740568
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- In September of 2020 a new lineage of SARS-CoV-2, known as B.1.1.7 and named as Alpha variant, was discovered in the United Kingdom. This lineage developed 14 lineage-specific amino acid replacements and 3 deletions. These changes caused an increase in transmission of Alpha variant (B.1.1.7 lineage) by at least 50%, leading to increased disease severity and higher death rates. The effectiveness of COVID19 vaccines are not affected by the Alpha variant. One of the mutations associated with this lineage is a N501Y in the spike protein of the virus. It is believed that this mutation is able to increase the spike protein's affinity for the host ACE2 receptor and it has been associated with increased infectivity and virulence. B.1.1.7 viruses have also been shown to have a P681H mutation in the cleavage site of spike protein. This location is one of the residues that make up the furin proteolytic cleavage site between S1 and S2 in spike protein.
- 1: Duchene et al. Virus Evolution 6(2): veaa061.
- 2: Gu et al. Science 369(6511):1603-1607
- 3: Hoffmann et al. Molecular Cell 78(4):779-784.e5
- 4: Davies et al. Science 372(6538):eabg3055.
- 5: Davies et al. Nature. 593(7858):270-274.
- 6: Graham, et al. The Lancet Public Health. 6(5): e335-e345.
- 7: Horby et al. New & Emerging Threats Advisory Group. 2020;91:264-266.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-9366
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $129.00 – $439.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805