- SPECIES: SARS Spike Protein
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Arg319-Phe541 (N501Y, K417N, E484K)
- FUSION TAG: His
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: SDS-PAGE
- PURITY: > 95% as determined by Bis-Tris PAGE; > 95% as determined by HPLC
Endotoxin level is less than 1EU per ug by the LAL method.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: 20mM PB (pH 7.4). 5 % trehalose is added as a protectant before lyophilization.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store in working aliquots at -20°C. Avoid freeze/thaw cycles.
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: S protein RBD, Spike glycoprotein Receptor-binding domain, S glycoprotein RBD, Spike protein RBD
- Protein Accession Number: QHD43416.1
- SARS-CoV-2 exploits angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) as a receptor to invade cells. It has been reported that the UK and South African strains may have higher transmission capabilities, eventually in part due to amino acid substitutions on the SARS-CoV-2 Spike protein. The results of a study show the N501Y replacement in this region of the interface (present in both the UK and South African strains) should be favorable for the interaction with ACE2, while the K417N and E484K substitutions (South African strain) would seem neutral or even unfavorable.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 20-184
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $455.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.