- SPECIES: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Spike Protein
- SOURCE SPECIES: Mammalian cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Arg319-Ser591
- FUSION TAG: C-6His tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for biological assays. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 31.4kDa, 35-43kDa
- PURITY: Greater than 95% as determined by reducing SDS-PAGE/SEC-HPLC.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied as a 0.2 uM filtered solution of PBS,PH7.4.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Reconstituted protein solution should be store below -20°C.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: S
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: 2019-nCov RBD Protein; 2019-nCoV Spike RBD Protein
- Protein Accession Number: QHD43416.1
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 43740568
- The spike (S) glycoprotein of coronaviruses is known to be essential in the binding of the virus to the host cell at the advent of the infection process. Most notable is severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS). The severe acute respiratory syndrome-coronavirus (SARS-CoV) spike (S) glycoprotein alone can mediate the membrane fusion required for virus entry and cell fusion. It is also a major immunogen and a target for entry inhibitors. It's been reported that 2019-nCoV can infect the human respiratory epithelial cells through interaction with the human ACE2 receptor. The spike protein is a large type I transmembrane protein containing two subunits, S1 and S2. S1 mainly contains a receptor binding domain (RBD), which is responsible for recognizing the cell surface receptor. S2 contains basic elements needed for the membrane fusion.The S protein plays key parts in the induction of neutralizing-antibody and T-cell responses, as well as protective immunity.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 92-736
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $320.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.