- Trial Size
SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) ORF7a AntibodyCATALOG NUMBER: 9283
- Clonality: Polyclonal
- Tested Applications: E
- Host Species: Rabbit
- Species Reactivity: Virus
- Conjugate: Unconjugated
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Virus
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted reactivity based on immunogen sequence: SARS-CoV ORF7a: (90%); Bat coronavirus ns7a: (100%).
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) ORF7a antibody (9283) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 9 amino acids near the carboxyl terminus of SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) ORF7a protein.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of the SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) ORF7a protein.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E
- APPLICATION NOTE: Antibody validated: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) ORF7a antibody can detect 2 ng of free peptide at 1 μg/mL in ELISA. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 14kD
- PURIFICATION: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) ORF7a Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) ORF7a antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) ORF7a antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ORF7a
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ORF7a protein, Accessory protein 7a, Protein U122, Protein X4, ORF7a
- Protein Accession Number: P0DTC7.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 1835921947
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 43740573
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), formerly known as 2019-nCoV acute respiratory disease, is an infectious disease caused by SARS-CoV-2, a virus closely related to the SARS virus (1). The disease is the cause of the 2019–20 coronavirus outbreak (2). SARS-CoV-2 virus proteins include structural proteins, non-structural proteins and accessory factors. The structure of SARS-CoV-2 consists of the following: a spike protein (S), hemagglutinin-esterease dimer (HE), a membrane glycoprotein (M), an envelope protein (E) a nucleoclapid protein (N) and RNA. SARS-CoV-2 non-structural protein is ORF1ab that consists of 16 proteins (nsp1-nsp16), while accessory factors include ORF3a, ORF3b, ORF6, ORF7a, ORF7b, ORF8, ORF9b, ORF7a and ORF7a. ORF7a plays a role as antagonist of host tetherin (BST2), disrupting its antiviral effect. It acts by binding to BST2 thereby interfering with its glycosylation. It may suppress small interfering RNA (siRNA) and may bind to host ITGAL, thereby playing a role in attachment or modulation of leukocytes (3).
- 1: Gorbalenya. bioRxiv: 2020.
- 2: Hui et al. Int J Infect Dis. 2020;91:264-266.
- 3: Taylor et al. J. Virol. 2015; 89:11820-11833.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 9283
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $129.00 – $439.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805