- SPECIES: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19, 2019-nCoV) Spike Protein
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Arg319-Phe541 (G339D, S371L, S373P, S375F, K417N, N440K, G446S, S477N, T478K, E484A, Q493R, G496S, Q498R, N501Y, Y505H.)-His-Avi
- FUSION TAG: His-Avi tag at C-terminus
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, SDS-PAGE, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB and ELISA. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 35 kD
- PURITY: > 95% as determined by Bis-Tris PAGE
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS (pH 7.4).
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store in working aliquots at -70°C. Avoid freeze/thaw cycles. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: S
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: S protein RBD, Spike glycoprotein Receptor-binding domain, S glycoprotein RBD, Spike protein RBD, Delta variant spike RBD
- Protein Accession Number: QHD43416.1
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 43740578
- SARS-CoV-2 Omicron variant, a variant of concern (VOC), known as B.1.1.529, was detected in South Africa at the end of November in 2021. However, it rapidly spread all over of the world and now it is the dominant variant in the world, which account for more than 90% of the new cases. Omicron variant spike protein carries around 30 amino acid changes, including mutations, deletions and insertions, in which the receptor binding domain (RBD) protein contains 15 mutations. Enhanced transmission of the Omicron variant was observed globally, which is at least 70 times more contagious than the other variants. The Omicron variant affects the effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccine and is resistant to neutralization (monoclonal antibody treatments) to a large extent.
- 1: Gowrisankar et al. European Physical Journal Plus, 2022, 137(1), 100.
- 2: Zhang et al. PNAS of U.S.A. 2021, 118(47):e2109905118.
- 3: Cameroni et al. Nature 2021.
- 4: Rossler et al. NEJM 2022.
- 5: Muik et al. Science 2022
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-128
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $245.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805