- SPECIES: SARS-CoV-2
- SOURCE SPECIES: Mammalian cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: The target gene encoding Ser13-Lys1208. Mutation points A67V, H69del, V70del, T95I, G142D, V143del, Y144del, Y145del, N211del, L212I, ins214EPE, G339D, S371L, S373P, S375F, K417N, N440K, G446S, S477N, T478K, E484A, Q493R, G496S, Q498R, N501Y, Y505H, T547K, D614G, H655Y, N679K, P681H, N764K, D796Y, N856K, Q954H, N969K, L981F
- FUSION TAG: C-His Tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: Immunogen
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 139.62 kDa
- PURITY: >90% as determined by SDS-PAGE
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Supplied as solution form in PBS, pH7.5 or lyophilized from PBS, pH7.5
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Store at 2 to 8 °C for one week . Store at -20 to -80 °C for twelve months from the date of receipt.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: S
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: S protein RBD, Spike glycoprotein Receptor-binding domain, S glycoprotein RBD, Spike protein RBD, Delta variant spike RBD
- Protein Accession Number: UFO069279.1
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 43740578
- Protein S (PROS1) is glycoprotein and expressed in many cell types supporting its reported involvement in multiple biologicalprocesses that include coagulation, apoptosis, cancer development and progression, and the innate immune response. Knownreceptors bind S1 are ACE2, angiotensin-converting enzyme 2, DPP4, CEACAM etc.. The spike (S) glycoprotein ofcoronaviruses is known to be essential in the binding of the virus to the host cell at the advent of the infection process. Mostnotable is severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS). The severe acute respiratory syndrome-coronavirus (SARS-CoV) spike(S) glycoprotein alone can mediate the membrane fusion required for virus entry and cell fusion. It is also a major immunogenand a target for entry inhibitors. It's been reported that 2019-nCoV can infect the human respiratory epithelial cells throughinteraction with the human ACE2 receptor. The spike protein is a large type I transmembrane protein containing two subunits,S1 and S2. S1 mainly contains a receptor binding domain (RBD), which is responsible for recognizing the cell surface receptor.S2 contains basic elements needed for the membrane fusion.The S protein plays key parts in the induction of neutralizingantibodyand T-cell responses, as well as protective immunity.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 21-845
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $505.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805