- SPECIES: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19, 2019-nCoV) Nucleocapsid protein
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: SARS-CoV-2 Nucleocapsid (YP_009724397.2, with mutations P13L, ERS31-33 deletion, R203K, G204R) (Met1-Ala419)
- FUSION TAG: N-His Tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: Immunogen
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 46.31 kDa
- PURITY: >90% as determined by SDS-PAGE
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Supplied as solution form in PBS, pH7.5 or lyophilized from PBS, pH7.5
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Store at 2 to 8 °C for one week . Store at -20 to -80 °C for twelve months from the date of receipt.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: N
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: 2019-nCoV coronavirus NP Protein; 2019-nCoV np Protein; 2019-nCoV novel coronavirus Nucleoprotein Protein
- Protein Accession Number: YP_009724397.2
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 43740575
- Coronaviruses are enveloped viruses with a positive-sense RNA genome and with a nucleocapsid of helical symmetry. Coronavirus nucleoproteins localize to the cytoplasm and the nucleolus, a subnuclear structure, in both virus-infected primary cells and in cells transfected with plasmids that express N protein. The coronavirus N protein is required for coronavirus RNA synthesis and has RNA chaperone activity that may be involved in template switch. Nucleocapsid protein is the most abundant protein of coronavirus. During virion assembly, N protein binds to viral RNA and leads to the formation of the helical nucleocapsid. Nucleocapsid protein is a highly immunogenic phosphoprotein also implicated in viral genome replication and in modulating cell signaling pathways. Because of the conservation of the N protein sequence and its strong immunogenicity, the N protein of coronavirus is chosen as a diagnostic tool.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 21-850
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $525.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.