- SPECIES: SARS-CoV-2
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Met 1 - Ala 419
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 49.4 kDa
- PURITY: >95% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Lyophilized from 0.22 um filtered solution in PBS, pH7.4. Normally trehalose is added as protectant before lyophilization.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: NS1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Nucleocapsid protein, NP, Protein N
- Protein Accession Number: QHO62115.1
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 43740575
- Nucleocapsid protein is a most abundant protein of coronavirus. Nucleocapsid protein is a highly immunogenic phosphoprotein also implicated in viral genome replication and in modulating cell signaling pathways. While screening for ADP-ribosylated proteins during coronavirus (CoV) infection, we identified as the viral nucleocapsid (N) protein. Novel post-translation modification of the CoV N protein that may play a regulatory role for this important structural protein. The array of diverse functional activities accommodated in the hantaviral N protein goes far beyond to be a static structural protein and makes it an interesting target in the development of antiviral therapeutics. Because of the conservation of N protein sequence and its strong immunogenicity, the N protein of coronavirus is chosen as a diagnostic tool.
- 1: Reuter M, et al. Virus Genes. 2018. 54:5-16.
- 2: Grunewald ME, et al. Virology. 2018. 517:62-68.
- 3: Jeeva S, et al. PLoS One. 2017. 12(9):e0184935.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 97-085
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $565.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805