- SPECIES: SARS-CoV-2
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: N/A
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This protein carries a polyhistidine tag at the C-terminus. The protein has a calculated MW of 47.3 kDa. The protein migrates as 60-65 kDa under reducing (R) condition (SDS-PAGE) due to glycosylation.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 47.3 kDa
- PURITY: >90% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: 10 mM PB, 150 mM NaCl, pH7.4
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: N
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Nucleocapsid protein,NP,Protein N,COVID-19
- Protein Accession Number: YP_009724397.2
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 43740575
- Nucleocapsid (N) protein is the most abundant protein found in coronavirus. CoV N protein is a highly immunogenic phosphoprotein important for viral genome replication and modulation of cell signaling pathways. It was first identified by a research team while they were screening for ADP-ribosylated proteins during coronavirus (CoV) infection (Grunewald M. E., et al. 2017, Virology; 517: 62-68). The array of diverse functional activities accommodated in N protein makes it more than a structural protein but also an interesting target in the development of antiviral therapeutics. Because of the conservation of N protein sequence and its strong immunogenicity, N protein of coronavirus is chosen as a diagnostic tool.
- 1: Reuter M, et al. Virus Genes. 2018. 54:5-16.
- 2: Grunewald ME, et al. Virology. 2018. 517:62-68.
- 3: Jeeva S, et al. PLoS One. 2017. 12(9):e0184935.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 11-186
- Size: 0.2 mg
- List Price: $900.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805