- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Virus
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E
- SET CONTENTS: Capture: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Nucleocapsid Antibody , Cat. No. 35-720 (100 μg)
Detection: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Nucleocapsid Antibody, Cat. No. 9103 (100 μg)
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), formerly known as 2019-nCoV acute respiratory disease, is an infectious disease caused by SARS-CoV-2, a virus closely related to the SARS virus. The disease is the cause of the 2019–20 coronavirus outbreak (1). SARS-CoV-2 is the seventh member of the enveloped, positive-stranded RNA viruses that are able to infect humans. The SARS-CoV-2 genome, like other coronaviruses, encodes for multiple structural and nonstructural proteins. The structural proteins include spike protein (S), envelope protein (E), membrane glycoprotein (M), nucleocapsid phosphoprotein (N), and the nonstructural proteins include open reading frame 1ab (ORF1ab), ORF3a, ORF6, ORF7a, ORF8, and ORF10 (2). Nucleocapsid (N) protein is the most abundant protein of coronavirus. It is also one of the major structural proteins and is involved in the transcription and replication of viral RNA, packaging of the encapsidated genome into virions (3), and interference with cell cycle processes of host cells (4). Moreover, in many coronaviruses, including SARS-CoV, the N protein has high immunogenic activity and is abundantly expressed during infection (5). It can be detected in various patient samples including nasopharyngeal aspirate, urine, and fecal. Both S and N proteins may be potential antigens for serodiagnosis of COVID-19, just as many diagnostic methods have been developed for diagnosing SARS based on S and/or N proteins (6).
- 1: Zhu et al. N Engl J Med. 2020 Feb 20;382(8):727-733.
- 2: Kiyotani et al. J Hum Genet. 2020 Jul;65(7):569-575.
- 3: Chang et al. J Biomed Sci. 2006 Jan;13(1):59-72.
- 4: Cui et al. J Virol. 2015 Sep;89(17):9029-43.
- Catalog Number 35-720: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Nucleocapsid Antibody 
- Catalog Number 9103: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Nucleocapsid Antibody
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: MPN-0003
- Size: 1 Set
- List Price: $755.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805