- Trial Size
SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Membrane Antibody (biotin)CATALOG NUMBER: 9157-biotin
- Clonality: Polyclonal
- Tested Applications: E, IHC
- Host Species: Rabbit
- Species Reactivity: Virus
- Conjugate: Biotin
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Virus
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted reactivity based on immunogen sequence: SARS-CoV Matrix protein: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Membrane antibody (biotin) (9157) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 13 amino acids near the center of SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Membrane protein.
The immunogen is located between 130-180 amino acids of the SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Membrane protein.
- CONJUGATE: Biotin
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IHC
- APPLICATION NOTE: IHC: 2 μg/mL
Antibody validated: Immunohistochemistry in COVID-19 patient samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- PURIFICATION: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Membrane Antibody is affinity chromatography
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Membrane Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Membrane antibody can be stored at 4 ° C for three months and -20 ° C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: M
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SARS-CoV-2/SARS-CoV Matrix Antibody: SARS-CoV-2 Matrix protein, SARS Matrix protein, Membrane protein, E1 glycoprotein, M protein
- Protein Accession Number: QJW69073
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 1800455127
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 43740571
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), formerly known as 2019-nCoV acute respiratory disease, is an infectious disease caused by SARS-CoV-2, a virus closely related to the SARS virus. The disease is the cause of the 2019–20 coronavirus outbreak (1). SARS-CoV-2 is the seventh member of the enveloped, positive-stranded RNA viruses that are able to infect humans. The SARS-CoV-2 genome, like other coronaviruses, encodes for multiple structural and nonstructural proteins. The structural proteins include spike protein (S), envelope protein (E), membrane glycoprotein (M), nucleocapsid phosphoprotein (N), and the nonstructural proteins include open reading frame 1ab (ORF1ab), ORF3a, ORF6, ORF7a, ORF8, and ORF10 (2).The membrane (M) protein or matrix protein is the most abundant structural protein and defines the shape of the viral envelope (3). It is an integral membrane protein involved in the budding of the viral particles and interacts with S (Spike) protein. It involves in organization of the nucleoprotein inside, which includes many copies of the N (nucleocapsid) protein bound to the genomic RNA. The M protein holds dominant cellular immunogenicity and has been determined as a protective antigen in humoral responses, which suggests it would serve as a potential target in vaccine design (4).
- 1: Zhu et al. N Engl J Med. 2020 Feb 20;382(8):727-733.
- 2: Kiyotani et al. J Hum Genet. 2020 Jul;65(7):569-575
- 3: Neuman et al. J Struct Biol. 2011;174(1):11–22.
- 4: Liu et al. J Infect Dis. 2010;202(8):1171-80.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 9157-biotin
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $129.00 – $439.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805