- SPECIES: SARS-CoV-2
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Ala1-Gln601
- FUSION TAG: 6His tag at the C-terminus
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for biological assays. For research use only.
- PURITY: Greater than 80% as determined by reducing SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied as a 0.2 um filtered solution of 20mM Tris-HCl, 150mM NaCl, 10% Glycerol, pH 8.5.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store below -20°C, stable for 6 months after receipt. Please minimize freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ORF1ab
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SARS-CoV 2 Helicase; SARS-CoV 2 nsp13
- Protein Accession Number: YP_009725297.1
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 43740578
- The non—structural protein 13 (nsp13) of SARS—CoV 2 is a helicase that separates double—stranded RNA or DNA with a 5'—3' polarity, using the energy of nucleotide hydrolysis. A basic biochemical characterization of nsp13 demonstrated that it can unwind both doublestranded DNA and RNA in a 5’-3’ direction, and it can hydrolyze all deoxyribonucleotide and ribonucleotide triphosphates. Helicases are motor proteins that utilize the energy derived from nucleotide hydrolysisto unwind double-stranded nucleic acids into two single-stranded nucleic acids. Initially, helicases were only thought to be molecular engines that unwind nucleic acids during replication, recombination, and DNA repair. Recent studies have shown that they are also involved in other biological processes, including displacement of proteins from nucleic acid, movement of Holliday junctions, chromatin remodeling, catalysis of nucleic acid conformational changes, several aspects of RNA metabolism, including transcription, mRNA splicing, mRNA export, translation, RNA stability and mitochondrial gene expression. Some human diseases, including Bloom’s syndrome, Werner’s syndrome, and Xeroderma Pigmentosum have been associated with defects in helicase function.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 92-765
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $455.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.