- Most Cited
- Trial Size
SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Envelope Antibody (HRP)CATALOG NUMBER: 3531-HRP
- Clonality: Polyclonal
- Tested Applications: E, IHC
- Host Species: Rabbit
- Species Reactivity: Virus
- Conjugate: HRP
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Virus
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted reactivity based on immunogen sequence: SARS-CoV Envelope proteins: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19, 2019-nCoV) Envelope antibody (HRP) (3531) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 10 amino acids near the amino terminus of SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19, 2019-nCoV) Envelope protein.
The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19, 2019-nCoV) Envelope.
- CONJUGATE: HRP
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IHC
- APPLICATION NOTE: IHC: 2 μg/mL
Antibody validated: Immunohistochemistry in COVID-19 patient samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- ISOFORMS: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19, 2019-nCoV) Envelope has one isoform (75aa).
- PURIFICATION: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19, 2019-nCoV) Envelope Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Envelope Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Envelope antibody can be stored at 4 ° C for three months and -20 ° C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: E
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19, 2019-nCoV) Envelope Antibody: Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), Envelope protein, E protein
- Protein Accession Number: QHD43418
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 1791269092
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 43740570
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), formerly known as 2019-nCoV acute respiratory disease, is an infectious disease caused by SARS-CoV-2, a virus closely related to the SARS virus (1). The disease is the cause of the 2019–20 coronavirus outbreak (2). The structure of 2019-nCoV consists of the following: a spike protein (S), hemagglutinin-esterease dimer (HE), a membrane glycoprotein (M), an envelope protein (E) a nucleoclapid protein (N) and RNA. Envelope protein is a small polypeptide that contains at least one alpha-helical transmembrane domain. It involves in several aspects of the virus's life cycle, such as assembly, budding, envelope formation, and pathogenesis. E protein has membrane permeabilizing activity, which provides a possible rationale to inhibit in vitro ion channel activity of some synthetic coronavirus E proteins, and also viral replication (3).
- 1: Gorbalenya. bioRxiv: 2020.
- 2: Hui et al. Int J Infect Dis. 2020;91:264-266.
- 3: Pervushin et al. PLoS Pathog. 2009; 5(7): e1000511.
- 1: Nuovo GJ et al. Cytologic and molecular correlates of SARS-CoV-2 infection of the nasopharynx. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2020; 48:151565. doi: 10.1016/j.anndiagpath.2020.151565. PMID: 32659620
- 2: Magro C, Mulvey JJ, Laurence J, Sanders S, Crowson N, Grossman M, Harp J, Nuovo G. The differing pathophysiologies that underlie COVID-19 associated perniosis and thrombotic retiform purpura: a case series. Br J Dermatol. 2020; 22:10.1111/bjd.19415. doi: 10.1111/bjd.19415. PMID: 32779733
- 3: Nuovo G, Tili E, Suster D, Matys E, Hupp L, Magro C. Strong homology between SARS-CoV-2 envelope protein and a Mycobacterium sp. antigen allows rapid diagnosis of Mycobacterial infections and may provide specific anti-SARS-CoV-2 immunity via the BCG vaccine. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2020; 48:151600. doi: 10.1016/j.anndiagpath.2020.151600. PMID: 32805515
- 4: Ko, et al. Discordant anti-SARS-CoV-2 spike protein and RNA staining in cutaneous perniotic lesions suggests endothelial deposition of cleaved spike protein. J Cutan Pathol . 2021 Jan;48(1):47-52. doi: 10.1111/cup.13866. Epub 2020 Oct 1.PMID: 32895985
- 5: Magro, et al. Docked severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 proteins within the cutaneous and subcutaneous microvasculature and their role in the pathogenesis of severe coronavirus disease 2019. Hum Pathol. 2020 Dec;106:106-116. doi: 10.1016/j.humpath.2020.10.002. Epub 2020 Oct 12.PMID: 33058948
- 6: Magro, et al. The differing pathophysiologies that underlie COVID-19-associated perniosis and thrombotic retiform purpura: a case series. Br J Dermatol. 2020 Jul 22;10.1111/bjd.19415. doi: 10.1111/bjd.19415PMID: 32779733
- 7: Mulvey, et al. Analysis of complement deposition and viral RNA in placentas of COVID-19 patients. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2020 Jun;46:151530. doi: 10.1016/j.anndiagpath.2020.151530. Epub 2020 Apr 25.PMID: 32387855
- 8: Rotman, et al. Concomitant calciphylaxis and COVID-19 associated thrombotic retiform purpura. Skeletal Radiol. 2020 Nov;49(11):1879-1884. doi: 10.1007/s00256-020-03579-6. Epub 2020 Aug 26.PMID: 32844243
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3531-HRP
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $129.00 – $439.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805