- SPECIES: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19, 2019-nCoV) Spike Protein
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Val 16 - Arg 685 (T19R, G142D, EF156-157del, R158G, L452R, T478K, D614G, P681R)-His-Avi
- FUSION TAG: His-Avi tag at C-terminus
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, SDS-PAGE, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB and ELISA. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 120 kD
- PURITY: > 90% as determined by Bis-Tris PAGE
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS (pH 7.4).
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store in working aliquots at -70°C. Avoid freeze/thaw cycles. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: S
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: S protein RBD, Spike glycoprotein Receptor-binding domain, S glycoprotein RBD, Spike protein RBD, Delta variant spike RBD
- Protein Accession Number: QHD43416.1
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 43740578
- SARS-CoV-2 delta variant, a variant of concern (VOC), known as B.1.617.2, was detected in India in October of 2020. However, it rapidly spread all over of the world and now it is the dominant variant in the world, which account for more than 99% of the cases. This variant carries at least 13 mutations in spike protein across the sub lineages, including L452R, D614G, P681R and K417N, which can increase the affinity to the human ACE2 receptor. Enhanced transmission of the Delta variant was observed globally, which is at least 2.5 times more contagious as the other variants. The Delta variant affects the effectiveness of COVID19 vaccine and is resistant to neutralization to some extent.
- 1: Zhang et al. JAMA 2021, 325 (13): 1324-26.
- 2: Reardon. Nature 2021.
- 3: Delphine. Nature 2021, 596 (7871): 276-280.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-127
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $255.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.