- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: SAPAP2 antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the center of human SAPAP2.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 480 - 530 of SAPAP2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: SAPAP2 antibody can be used for detection of SAPAP2 by Western blot at 0.5 - 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least three isoforms of SAPAP2 are known to exist. This SAPAP2 antibody will not cross-react with other SAPAP proteins.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1207 - Raji Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 43 kDa
Observed: 52 kDa
- PURIFICATION: SAPAP2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: SAPAP2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: SAPAP2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: DLGAP2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SAPAP2 Antibody: DAP2, SAPAP2, DAP2, Disks large-associated protein 2, DAP-2
- Protein Accession Number: Q9P1A6
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 160395585
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 9228
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- SAPAP2 Antibody: SAP90/PSD-95-associated protein 2 (SAPAP2, also known as DLGAP2) is a member of a protein family whose members specifically interact with PSD-95/SAP90, a membrane-associated guanylate kinase localized at postsynaptic density (PSD) in neuronal cells. Like the other SAPAP proteins, SAPAP2 is thought to be an adaptor protein that also interacts with different synaptic scaffolding proteins, cytoskeletal and signaling components, such as focal adhesion kinase (FAK) and proline-rich tyrosine kinase 2 (PYK2). SAPAP2 mRNA is targeted to cell bodies in a similar manner to SAPAP1 and -4, whereas SAPAP3 mRNA is detected mainly in cell bodies.
- 1: SAPAPs. A family of PSD-95/SAP90-associated proteins localized at postsynaptic density. J. Biol. Chem.1997; 272:11943-51.
- 2: Ranta S, Zhang Y, Ross B, et al. Positional cloning and characterization of the human DLGAP2 gene and its exclusion in progressive epilepsy with mental retardation. Eur. J. Hum. Genet.2000; 8:381-4.
- 3: Kindler S, Rehbein M, Classen B, et al. Distinct spatiotemporal expression of SAPAP transcripts in the developing rat brain: a novel dendritically localized mRNA. Brain Res. Mol. Brain Res.2004; 126:14-21.
- 4: Bongiorno-Borbone L, Kadare G, Benfenati F, et al. FAK and PYK2 interact with SAP/PSD-95-associated protein-3. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun.2005; 337:641-6.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4625
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.