- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-SAMHD1 (phospho Thr592) antibody (8005) was raised against a phosphorylated peptide corresponding to 18 amino acids near the carboxy terminus of human Phospho-SAMHD1 surrounding T592.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 0.05-1 μg/mL; IHC: 2.5 μg/mL; IF: 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human and mouse samples, Immunohistochemistry and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: Phospho-SAMHD1 antibody will only detect the phosphorylated form of SAMHD1.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 72kD
Observed: 72 kD
Mutant validation (Figure 2, 5, 6 & 7): Anti-SAMHD1 (phospho Thr592) antibody (8005) specificity was further verified by SAMHD1 (phospho Thr592) mutant. SAMHD1 (phospho Thr592) signal in 293T cells (figure 2) or HEK293T cells (figure 5 & 7) or U937 cells (figure 6) transfected with SAMHD1 (phospho Thr592) mutant was disrupted in comparison with that in cells transfected with the wild-type.
KD validation (Figure 8): SAMHD1 (phospho Thr592) expression detected by anit-SAMHD1 (phospho Thr592) antibodies (8005) was disrupted in knockdown macrophages.
Regulated expression validation (Figure 10): SAMHD1 (phospho Thr592) expression detected by anit-SAMHD1 (phospho Thr592) antibodies (8005) was down-regulated by lambda-phosphatase treatment in S and G2 phase of cell cycle.
- ISOFORMS: Human SAMHD1 (phospho Thr592) has 3 isoforms, including isoform 1 (626aa, 72kD), isoform 3 (556aa, 64kD), isoform 4 (591aa, 68kD). Mouse SAMHD1 has 2 isoforms, including (658aa, 76kD) and (651aa, 75kD). Rat SAMHD1 has only one isoform (620aa, 72kD). 8005 can detect human and mouse.
- PURIFICATION: SAMHD1 (phospho Thr592) antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: SAMHD1 (phospho Thr592) antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: SAMHD1 (phospho Thr592) antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SAMHD1 (phospho Thr592)
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SAM domain and HD domain 1, DCIP, CHBL2, HDDC1, MOP-5, SBBI88
- Protein Accession Number: NP_056289
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 38016914
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 25939
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The SAM domain and HD domain 1 (SAMHD1) protein is upregulated in response to viral infection and is thought to play a role in innate immunity (1). SAMHD1 blocks the infection of HIV-1 and SIVdeltaVpx before reverse transcription in macrophages and dendritic cells (2), and this restriction is regulated by phosphorylation of SAMHD1 (3). Mutations in this gene have been associated with Aicardi-Goutieres syndrome (1).
- 1: Rice et al. Nat. Genet. 2009; 41:829-32.
- 2: Hrecka et al. Nature 2011; 474:654-7.
- 3: Welbourn et al. J. Virol. 2013; 87:11516-24.
- 1: Antonucci et al. SAMHD1-mediated HIV-1 restriction in cells does not involvePMID: 27711056
- 2: Kueck et al. The aryl hydrocarbon receptor and interferon gamma generate antiviral states via transcriptional repression. Elife. 2018;7. PMID: 30132758
- 3: St Gelais et al. A Cyclin-Binding Motif in Human SAMHD1 Is Required for Its HIV-1 Restriction, dNTPase Activity, Tetramer Formation, and Efficient Phosphorylation. J Virol. 2018;92(6)PMID: 29321329
- 4: Tramentozzi et al. The dNTP triphosphohydrolase activity of SAMHD1 persists during S-phase when the enzyme is phosphorylated at T592. Cell Cycle. 2018;17(9):1102-1114. PMID: 30039733
- 5: Mlcochova et al. A G1-like state allows HIV-1 to bypass SAMHD1 restriction in macrophages. EMBO J. 2017;36(5):604-616.PMID: 28122869
- 6: Mlcochova et al. DNA damage induced by topoisomerase inhibitors activates SAMHD1 and blocks HIV-1 infection of macrophages. EMBO J. 2018;37(1):50-62. PMID: 29084722
- 7: Herrmann et al. The SAMHD1-mediated block of LINE-1 retroelements is regulated by phosphorylation. Mob DNA. 2018;9:11. PMID: 29610582
- 8: Osei et al. USP18 (UBP43) Abrogates p21-Mediated Inhibition of HIV-1. J Virol. 2018;92(20). PMID: 30068654
- 9: St Gelais et al. A Putative Cyclin-binding Motif in Human SAMHD1 Contributes to Protein Phosphorylation, Localization, and Stability. J Biol Chem. 2016;291(51):26332-26342. PMID: 27815502
- 10: Wittmann et al. Phosphorylation of murine SAMHD1 regulates its antiretroviral activity. Retrovirology. 2015;12:103.PMID: 26667483
- 11: Feifei Wang. Comparison of Murine and Human SAMHD1’s Role in Retroviral Restriction and Cell Cycle Progression. PhD Thesis. The Ohio State University. 2015.
- 12: Alexandra Herrmann. The role of SAMHD1 in restriction and immune sensing of retroviruses and retroelements. PhD Thesis. The Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg. 2018.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 8005
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805