- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (86%)
- IMMUNOGEN: S1P1 antibody was raised against a 14 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of the human S1P1.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of S1P1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: S1P1 antibody can be used for detection of S1P1 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least two isoforms of S1P1 are known to exist; this S1P1 antibody will only recognize the shorter isoform.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1409 - Mouse Thymus Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 42 kDa
Observed: 42 kDa
- PURIFICATION: S1P1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: S1P1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: S1P1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: S1PR1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: S1P1 Antibody: EDG1, S1P1, CD363, ECGF1, EDG-1, CHEDG1, D1S3362, EDG1, Sphingosine 1-phosphate receptor 1, Endothelial differentiation G-protein coupled receptor 1, S1P receptor 1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001391
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 13027636
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1901
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- S1P1 Antibody: Movement of lymphocytes through lymphoid organs is required for generating immunity. Their migration into lymph nodes follows a series of events including integrin activation through chemokine signaling, adhesion and diapedis. The release of lymphocytes from lymph nodes is regulated by the phospholipid sphingosine-1-phosphate (S1P). One of its receptors S1P1 binds S1P with high specificity and affinity; agonism of this receptor by the immunosuppressive agent FTY720 inhibits the entry of tissue T cells into afferent lymphatics in homeostatic and inflammatory conditions. Recent experiments have indicated that CCR7-deficient T cells left lymph nodes more rapidly than wild-type cells did and these cells where also less effectively retained after treatment with FTY720, and that egress competence could be restored by inactivating G alpha i-protein-coupled receptor signaling. These results suggest that S1P1 acts in the lymphocyte to promote lymph node egress by overcoming retention signals mediated by CCR7 and G alpha i-protein-coupled receptor signaling.
- 1: Miyasaka M and Tanaka T. Lymphocyte tracking across high endothelial venules: dogmas and enigmas. Nat. Rev. Immunol.2004; 3:360-70.
- 2: Mandala S, Hajdu R, Bergstrom J, et al. Alteration of lymphocyte tracking by sphingosine-1-phosphate receptor agonists. Science 2002; 296:346-9.
- 3: Ledgerwood LG, Lal G, Zhang N, et al. The sphingosine-1-phosphate receptor 1 causes tissue retention by inhibiting the entry of peripheral tissue T lymphocytes into afferent lymphatics. Nat. Immunol. 2008; 9:42-53.
- 4: Pham TH, Okada T, Matloubian M, et al. S1P1 receptor signaling overrides retention mediated by G alpha i-coupled receptors to promote T cell egress. Immunity 2008; 28:122-33.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4809
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin