- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Recombinant full-length human S100B protein was used as the immunogen for the S100B antibody.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IF, IHC-P
- APPLICATION NOTE: Flow Cytometry: 0.5-1 ug/million cells in 0.1ml
Immunofluorescence: 1-2 ug/ml
Immunohistology (FFPE): 0.5-1 ug/ml for 30 min at RT
Prediluted IHC only format: incubate for 30 min at RT (1)
Optimal dilution of the S100B antibody should be determined by the researcher.
1. The prediluted format is supplied in a dropper bottle and is optimized for use in IHC. After epitope retrieval step (if required), drip mAb solution onto the tissue section and incubate at RT for 30 min.
- PURIFICATION: Protein G affinity chromatography
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG2a, kappa
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- CONCENTRATION: 0.2 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and Store at 2-8°C. Avoid freez-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: S100B
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Protein S100-B, S-100 protein beta chain, S-100 protein subunit beta, S100 calcium-binding protein B, S100B
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 6285
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher
- S100 belongs to the family of calcium binding proteins. S100A and S100B proteins are two members of the S100 family. S100A is composed of an alpha and a beta chain whereas S100B is composed of two beta chains. This antibody is specific against an epitope located on the beta-chain (i.e. in S-100A and S-100B) but not on the alpha-chain of S-100 (i.e. in S-100A and S100A0). This antibody can be used to localize S-100A and S-100B in various tissue sections. S-100 protein has been found in normal melanocytes, Langerhans cells, histiocytes, chondrocytes, lipocytes, skeletal and cardiac muscle, Schwann cells, epithelial and myoepithelial cells of the breast, salivary and sweat glands, as well as in glial cells. Neoplasms derived from these cells also express S-100 protein, albeit non-uniformly. A large number of well-differentiated tumors of the salivary gland, adipose and cartilaginous tissue, and Schwann cell-derived tumors express S-100 protein. Almost all malignant melanomas and cases of histiocytosis X are positive for S-100 protein.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 33-850
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $535.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.