- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Mouse: (79%)
- IMMUNOGEN: RUSC2 antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human RUSC2.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 1410 - 1460 of RUSC2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IHC-P
- APPLICATION NOTE: RUSC2 antibody can be used for detection of RUSC2 by immunohistrochemistry at 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Immunohistochemistry in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least three isoforms are known to exist; this antibody will only detect the longest isoform. This antibody is predicted to not cross-react with RUSC1.
- PURIFICATION: RUSC2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: RUSC2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: RUSC2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: RUSC2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: RUSC2 Antibody: Iporin, KIAA0375, Iporin, Interacting protein of Rab1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001098673
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 55741719
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 9853
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- RUSC2 Antibody: RUSC2, also known as Iporin, shares with the related protein RUSC1 a common domain structure of RUN, leucine zipper and SH3 domain in addition to over 30% amino acid identity. RUSC2 is a rab1-interacting protein that also interacts with GM130, another rab1-interacting protein. RUSC2 interacts with specific rab1 isoforms with different rab-binding specificity. It has been suggested that RUSC2 may function as a link between the targeting of ER derived vesicles triggered by the rab1 GTPase and a signaling pathway composed of proteins containing SH3 and/or poly-proline regions.
- 1: Bayer M, Fischer J, Kremerskthen J, et al. Identification and characterization of Iporin as a novel interaction partner for rab1. BMC Cell Biol. 2005; 29:6:15.
- 2: Katoh M and Katoh M. Characterization of RUSC1 and RUSC2 genes in silico. Oncol. Rep. 2004; 12:933-8.
- 3: Fukuda M, Kobayashi H, Ishibashi K, et al. Genome-wide investigation of the rab binding activity of RUN domains: development of a novel tool that specifically traps GTP-Rab35. Cell Struct. Funct. 2011; 36:155-70
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5413
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin