- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Rubicon antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid peptide near the amino terminus of human Rubicon.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 240 - 290 of Rubicon.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Rubicon body can be used for detection of Rubicon by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/ml. Antibody can also be used for Immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: Rubicon antibody is human, mouse and rat reactive. Multiple isoforms of Rubicon are known to exist.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1210 - HEK293 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-401 - Human Kidney Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 90, 101, 109 kDa
Observed: 91, 99 kDa
- PURIFICATION: Rubicon antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Rubicon antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Rubicon antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: KIAA0226
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Run domain Beclin-1 interacting and cysteine-rich containing protein, KIAA0226
- Protein Accession Number: XP_005269431
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 530375960
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 9711
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Two Beclin-1-interacting proteins, the run domain Beclin-1 interacting and cysteine-rich containing protein (Rubicon) and ATG14L, reciprocally regulate autophagy at different stages. Knockdown of Rubicon caused enhancement of autophagy while that of ATG14L caused a defect in autophagosome formation (1). Rubicon functions as part of a Beclin-1-PIK3C3-containing autophagy complex and is also an essential, positive regulator of the NAPDH oxidase complex (2). Upon microbial infection or TLR2 activation, Rubicon interacts with the CYBA subunit of the NAPDH oxidase complex, leading to a burst of reactive oxygen species and inflammatory cytokines (2).
- 1: Matsunaga K, Saitoh T, Tabata K, et al. Two Beclin 1-binding proteins, Atg14L and Rubicon, reciprocally regulate autophagy at different stages. Nat. Cell Biol. 2009; 11:385-96.
- 2: Yang CS, Lee JS, Rodgers M, et al. Autophagy protein Rubicon mediates phagocytic NAPDH oxidase activation in response to microbial infection of TLR stimulation. Cell Host and Microbe 2012; 11:264-76.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7943
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin