- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: RTP801 antibody was raised against a 12 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the center of human RTP801.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 90 - 140 of RTP801.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: RTP801 antibody can be used for the detection of RTP801 by Western blot at 0.5 - 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1305 - Human Kidney Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: RTP801 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: RTP801 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: RTP801 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: DDIT4
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: RTP801 Antibody: Dig2, REDD1, REDD-1, RTP801, DNA damage-inducible transcript 4 protein, HIF-1 responsive protein RTP801
- Protein Accession Number: NP_061931
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 9506687
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 54541
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- RTP801 Antibody: RTP801 was initially identified as a gene induced by DNA damage, and later found to also be regulated by other cellular stresses such as hypoxia and glucocorticoid treatment. Recently, RTP801 has been shown to act as a mediator of tuberous sclerosis complex (TSC)-dependent regulation of the mammalian Target of Rapamycin (mTOR), an evolutionarily conserved serine/threonine kinase that regulates cell growth and cell cycle. In response to energy stress, RTP801 inhibits mTOR function, resulting in dephosphorylation of downstream targets such as ribosomal protein S6 kinase 1 and 4EBP1 and decreasing cell growth. Disregulation of RTP801 may thus contribute to human tumorigenesis.
- 1: Ellisen LW, Ramsayer KD, Johannessen CM, et al. REDD1, a developmentally regulated transcriptional target of p63 and p53, links p63 to regulation of reactive oxygen species. Mol. Cell2002; 10:995-1005.
- 2: Shoshani T, Faerman A, Mett I, et al. Identification of a novel hypoxia-inducible factor 1-responsive gene, RTP801, involved in apoptosis. Mol. Cell. Biol.2002; 22:2283-93.
- 3: Wang Z, Malone MH, Thomenius MJ, et al. Dexamethasone-induced gene 2 (dig2) is a novel pro-survival stress gene induced rapidly by diverse apoptotic signals. J. Biol. Chem.2003; 278:27053-8.
- 4: Sofer A, Lei K, Johannessen CM, et al. Regulation of mTOR and cell growth in response to energy stress by REDD1. Mol. Cell. Biol.2005; 25:5834-45.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4495
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin