- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Recombinant fusion protein containing a sequence corresponding to amino acids 274-533 of human RPE65 (NP_000320.1).
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 1:500 - 1:2000
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: U-251MG
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: NCI-H460
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: THP-1
- POSITIVE CONTROL 4: HeLa
- POSITIVE CONTROL 5: Mouse heart
- POSITIVE CONTROL 6: Mouse brain
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Observed: 61kDa
- PURIFICATION: Affinity purification
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.02% sodium azide, 50% glycerol, pH7.3.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: RPE65
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: retinal pigment epithelium-specific protein 65 kDa, LCA2, RP20, mRPE65, rd12, sRPE65, RBP-binding membrane protein, p63, retinal pigment epithelium-specific 61 kDa protein, retinal pigment epithelium-specific protein (65kD), retinitis pigmentosa 20
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 6121
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- This gene encodes a protein which is located in the retinal pigment epithelium and is involved in the production of 11-cis retinal and in visual pigment regeneration. There are two forms of this protein, a soluble form called sRPE65, and a palmitoylated, membrane-bound form known as mRPE65. mRPE65 serves as the palmitoyl donor for lecithin retinol acyl transferase (LRAT), the enzyme that catalyzes the vitamin A to all trans retinol step of the chromophore regeneration process. Both mRPE65 and sRPE65 also serve as regulatory proteins, with the ratio and concentrations of these molecules playing a role in the inhibition of 11-cis retinal synthesis. Mutations in this gene have been associated with Leber congenital amaurosis type 2 (LCA2) and retinitis pigmentosa.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 23-937
- Size: 50 uL
- List Price: $285.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.