- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (92%)
- IMMUNOGEN: RNF8 antibody was raised against a 14 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human RNF8.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 330 - 380 of RNF8.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: RNF8 antibody can be used for detection of RNF8 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunoflourescence starting at 20 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunofluorescence in rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least three isoforms of RNF8 are known to exist; this antibody will detect all three isoforms.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1302 - Human Lung Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 46, 53 kDa
Observed: 50 kDa
- PURIFICATION: RNF8 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: RNF8 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: RNF8 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: RNF8
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: RNF8 Antibody: hRNF8, KIAA0646, E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase RNF8, RING finger protein 8, hRNF8
- Protein Accession Number: NP_003949
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4504867
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 9025
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- RNF8 Antibody: RNF8 was identified as a ubiquitin ligase (E3) containing a RING finger motif and a FHA domain. This protein has been shown to interact with several class II ubiquitin-conjugating enzymes including UBE2E1/UBCH6, UBE2E2, and UBE2E3. RNF8 assembles at DNA double-strand breaks (DSBs) via interactions though the FHA domain with the adaptor protein MDC1, resulting in an increase in DSB-associated H2A histone ubiquitinations mediated by the associated ubiquitin ligase RNF168 followed by the accumulation of 53BP1 and BRCA1 repair proteins. Together with RNF168, RNF8 plays an integral part of class switch recombination in B cells, allowing the production of several classes of antibodies, through the recruitment of 53BP1 and BRCA1 to the DSB sites.
- 1: Ito K, Adachi S, Iwakami R, et al. N-Terminally extended human ubiquitin-conjugating enzymes (E2s) mediate the ubiquitination of RING-finger proteins, ARA54 and RNF8. Eur. J. Biochem. 2001; 268:2725-32.
- 2: Mailand N, Bekker-Jensen S, Faustrup H, et al. RNF8 ubiquitylates histones at DNA double-strand breaks and promotes assembly of repair proteins. Cell 2007; 131:887-900.
- 3: Doil C, Mailand N, Bekker-Jensen S, et al. RNF168 binds and amplifies ubiquitin conjugates on damaged chromosomes to allow accumulation of repair proteins. Cell 2009; 136:435-46.
- 4: Ramachandran S, Chahwen R, Nepal RN, et al. The RNF8/RNF168 ubiquitin ligase cascade facilitates class switch recombination. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 2010; 107:809-14.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5763
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.