- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (100%), Chicken: (89%)
- IMMUNOGEN: RNF20 antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid peptide near the amino terminus of human RNF20.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 130 - 180 of RNF20.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: RNF20 antibody can be used for detection of RNF20 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: Multiple isoforms of RNF20 are known to exist.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1304 - Human Liver Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-201 - Human Liver Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 99, 107 kDa
Observed: 100, 110 kDa
- PURIFICATION: RNF20 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: RNF20 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: RNF20 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: RNF20
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: RNF20 Antibody: BRE1, BRE1A, hBRE1, E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase BRE1A, RING finger protein 20, BRE1-A
- Protein Accession Number: NP_062538
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 34878777
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 56254
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- RNF20 Antibody: RNF20 is an E3 ubiquitin ligase that regulates chromosome structure by monoubiquitinating histone H2B. RNF20 selectively suppresses the expression of some genes such as several protooncogenes and growth-related genes, including many genes that are induced by epidermal growth factor by interfering with chromatin recruitment of transcription elongation factor SII (TFIIS). In contrast, RNF20 also positively regulates the p53 tumor suppressor as well as numerous histone H2A and H2B genes. Together with the deubiquitinase USP44, RNF20 regulates stem cell differentiation by modulating H2B monoubiquitination.
- 1: Zhu B, Zheng Y, Pham AD, et al. Monoubiquitination of human histone H2B: the factors involved and their roles in HOX gene regulation. Mol. Cell 2005; 20:601-11.
- 2: Shema E, Kim J, Roeder RG, et al. RNF20 inhibits TFIIS-facilitated transcriptional elongation to suppress pro-oncogenic gene expression. Mol Cell 2011; 42:477-88.
- 3: Shema E, Tirosh I, Aylon Y, et al. The histone H2B-specific ubiquitin ligase RNF20/hBRE1 acts as a putative tumor suppressor through selective regulation of gene expression. Genes Dev. 2008; 22:2664-76.
- 4: Fuchs G, Shema E, Vesterman R, et al. RNF20 and USP44 regulate stem cell differentiation by modulating H2B monoubiquitylation. Mol. Cell 2012; 46:662-73.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7357
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin